not sure which category this falls under soooo...

Options
Michelle_J
Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
Ladies-now that it's summer and my arms are less flabby I want to wear tank tops or sleeveless tops. Is there ANY antipersperant/deoderant that you know of that works as both antip & deoderant and also DOES NOT LEAVE WHITE CRAP? I swear I have tried all of them and they all say "dries clear", "invisible solid" clear gel". Is there one that you use that works that will not leave white residue?

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Good question. I want to know the same thing.
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have never had a problem with the "lady speed stick - invisible plus" line. You don't need much, and if applied correctly, there's no white gunk. If you overapply, you will run into problems though.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I'm embarrassed to say I don't know how to use the dang stuff. If I put it on before I put my shirt on, as I slip the shirt on there is white residue on my shirt (around my belly area, probably hits my pits while putting it on)

If I try to put on deodorant after the shirt is already on, I have to go up under or through neck hole or really any which way, and it always leaves the shirt stretched out from me trying to fit my hand and stick up in there without rubbing the deodorant all over the shirt. I'm so bad at it!!

I have Arm&Hammer deodorant now, and it is clumping up all kinds of nasty. It smells fine and works great, but yeah, I won't be buying it again.
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have used Secret for 25 years. I have tried to switch, but the only one that compares is Degree. I never get white residue on my clothes.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I use Degree and it seems to be fine.

If you do get deodorant/antiperpirant on your clothes, rub the fabric into itself and the spot will disappear!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

If you do get deodorant/antiperpirant on your clothes, rub the fabric into itself and the spot will disappear!

! No wonder wiping it with my hands or wetting it has never worked. I will try this next time. It is almost a certainty that I get some on my clothes each and every day :blushing: it is good to know what helps! Thanks!
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm embarrassed to say I don't know how to use the dang stuff. If I put it on before I put my shirt on, as I slip the shirt on there is white residue on my shirt (around my belly area, probably hits my pits while putting it on)
    Leave it to dry out completely before you put any clothes on! For like 10 minutes - just walk around topless, it's very liberating ;) Works for me and I don't even bother with the no-white stuff any more since it makes no difference with most brands.
  • bluemax87
    bluemax87 Posts: 71
    Options
    I'm not a lady, but I have a wife... who asks me for advice on what to wear and won't let me get away with the usual 'guy' answers... sometimes I wonder if she thinks I'm gay... Maybe I just have good fashion sense? But then that'd meen I must be a little gay and maybe I shouldn't go there?

Well, back to the point. When it comes to dresses or really anything that she wears that shows off her arms, she almost always wears my deodorant... She swears that she can't find a womens deodorant that either doesn't leave stains on her clothes, or doesn't prevent her from sweating. So, according to her, when it REALLY matters she just wears mine because it doesn't show up on her clothes NOR does it let any sweat out...
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options

! No wonder wiping it with my hands or wetting it has never worked. I will try this next time. It is almost a certainty that I get some on my clothes each and every day :blushing: it is good to know what helps! Thanks!

I hear you! I'm busty so sometimes I can't even see that I got a lovely white streak somehwere south of the twins until I pass by a mirror! LOL

I saw this tip years ago on the Today show. It was a Hint From Heloise and it's been a lifesaver!!