how do you distract yourself from eating?

2»

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    there's a sign in my kitchen that says something like "are you eating again?" sometimes that helps me close the door to the fridge. Otherwise, when I know I want to eat because I'm bored, I'll stop for a second and really concentrate on how I feel - like realizing that am I full, or that I am thirsty. Just thinking about hard makes me stop sometimes. And well, if I can't resist, I try eating carrots or something healthy inside of crap.
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    I've been doing a lot of crafting lately. I also bought a Wii since they dropped in price and I've been jumping around my living room like a fool with that thing.
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    I knit or crochet all the time (when Im not on mfp):laugh: cant eat when your hands are busy,
    If Im out and cant knit then t he new dessert extra chewing gum is delicious, key lime pie, mint choc chip, strawberry flavorsmmmm
  • abbyko
    abbyko Posts: 108
    I find that if the craving just won't go away, I need a glass of diet pop with ice. I know it's not good for me but the fizz and the sweetness really seem to help and sometimes I don't even finish it. I'm trying to switch to Perrier or something but it's not as good, or as fizzy. I also try to limit it to one a day.
This discussion has been closed.