BWL Purple Team 09/12-14

Options
Hey all,

I decided to start a new thread....To get us all motivated for the weekend.

I have to make some cookies for church :grumble: Each cookie is 245 calories! :noway: I HAVE to find some way to not eat this stuff even though raw cookie dough is my favorite thing in the world to eat :explode:

So, how can I get through this? Help me here!

What are you all doing this weekend? Anything fun? Anyone running from Ike?

Replies

• tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    Hey all,

I decided to start a new thread....To get us all motivated for the weekend.

I have to make some cookies for church :grumble: Each cookie is 245 calories! :noway: I HAVE to find some way to not eat this stuff even though raw cookie dough is my favorite thing in the world to eat :explode:

So, how can I get through this? Help me here!

What are you all doing this weekend? Anything fun? Anyone running from Ike?
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    O goodness!! I have no clue how to help you, sweetie!! I have a Crunch Bar sitting in my freezer at home....:devil:

This weekend....well, tonight is a Parrot Head party which the hubby and i MIGHT make it to. (Nothing like being up at 3am.....goodness!!) Other than that, I'm alone all weekend and plan on finishing the cleaning my DH started. Also plan to avoid any and all Starbucks. lol....
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I'm not on the purple team but I have a good suggestion....

Chew sugar free gum while making the cookies!:flowerforyou:
  • LAPETITERUSE
    Options
    be sure to make the cookies after you've eaten a meal and have healthy veggie snacks out so when you get the urge to eat cookie dough, you can grab like a carrot, celery stick or jicama instead. Be sure it's something you ENJOY eating - that way you feel like you've treated yourself - but in a healthy way.

Good luck!
  • tall_t
    Options
    I'm not on the purple team but I have a good suggestion....

Chew sugar free gum while making the cookies!:flowerforyou:

That is an AWESOME suggestion!
  • tall_t
    Options
    be sure to make the cookies after you've eaten a meal and have healthy veggie snacks out so when you get the urge to eat cookie dough, you can grab like a carrot, celery stick or jicama instead. Be sure it's something you ENJOY eating - that way you feel like you've treated yourself - but in a healthy way.

Good luck!

Hrmmm... Maybe I will get out the carrot sticks. I love this suggestion, especially about not being so hungry when I make the cookies...

I wish everyone was on a diet like I am....:blushing:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options

Good luck!

Hrmmm... Maybe I will get out the carrot sticks. I love this suggestion, especially about not being so hungry when I make the cookies...

oo, me too.....I see people buying tastey nummy things......and I'm like hey!! Diet!!

:blushing:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Good luck!

Everyone wishes they were as successful as you are
  • tall_t
    Options
    I hadn't thought of it that way...

How are the rest of you all doing this week?
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    This weekend I will be packing to go to Houston Tx to help out with all of the homeowners claims that will come pouring in once this storm passes. FYI---I won't be able to weigh in for 2 weeks! Don't boot from the team please! :wink: Hopefully, I will get lucky and the hotel will have a gym with hopefully a scale in the fitness room. I won't find out until I get my deployment email with Hotel info.

I will be able to log on to MFP and log my meals and snacks and hopefully have time to drop you all a line or 2.

Have a great weekend! :flowerforyou:
  • tall_t
    Options
    Wow good luck with that and let us know how it goes in Houston!
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Started my weekend today (Friday)... Walked 5 miles with the kids at the Interstate Fair..... Went to the gym tonight for a great run on the arc-trainer. Wooohooo!

Saturday = AM gym workout then paint the foyer. Then PM swim to relax

Sunday = afternoon workout then grade papers and do lesson plans. (Part of the lesson plans include food I am taking to to school Tue-Thurs).

Stay strong purple!!!! Can't wait to hear from everyone....:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • tall_t
    Options
    Started my weekend today (Friday)... Walked 5 miles with the kids at the Interstate Fair..... Went to the gym tonight for a great run on the arc-trainer. Wooohooo!

Saturday = AM gym workout then paint the foyer. Then PM swim to relax

Sunday = afternoon workout then grade papers and do lesson plans. (Part of the lesson plans include food I am taking to to school Tue-Thurs).

Stay strong purple!!!! Can't wait to hear from everyone....:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Way to go!!!! 5 miles!!!!

That is awesome, and then workout and swimming today. That is the way to go get em!

I am also anxious to hear from the purple!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    This weekend I will be packing to go to Houston Tx to help out with all of the homeowners claims that will come pouring in once this storm passes. FYI---I won't be able to weigh in for 2 weeks! Don't boot from the team please! :wink: Hopefully, I will get lucky and the hotel will have a gym with hopefully a scale in the fitness room. I won't find out until I get my deployment email with Hotel info.

I will be able to log on to MFP and log my meals and snacks and hopefully have time to drop you all a line or 2.

Have a great weekend! :flowerforyou:

No problem.......I will log and let you all know

right now I'm glued to the TV. Direct TV has had a local Houston news channel on since the start of this hurricane. Channel 361- if anyone is interested.

It's looking pretty ugly with lots of damage & flooding.. I can only imagine what it's going to look like once Ike moves out.

I know our company is expecting between 30K-50K claims to come in just for us.....
  • Canelitas
    Options
    Did I read about cookies....I love homemade cookies, last night when I got home, my hubby was asking when I would make some, I just gave him the "look" and he replied yes, I know we are on a diet, but what if I go buy some...we ended up going to the bedroom to get our minds off the cookies :laugh:

I'll be spending my time cleaning, and then walking later on today and tomorrow evenings...Happy Weekend everyone. :bigsmile:
  • tall_t
    Options
    Did I read about cookies....I love homemade cookies, last night when I got home, my hubby was asking when I would make some, I just gave him the "look" and he replied yes, I know we are on a diet, but what if I go buy some...we ended up going to the bedroom to get our minds off the cookies :laugh:

I'll be spending my time cleaning, and then walking later on today and tomorrow evenings...Happy Weekend everyone. :bigsmile:

:laugh:

Jumping on the bed definitely burns calories and is SOOOO much better than cookies :wink:
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Well..... Looks like everyone's on track to have a thHAPPYWEEKEND.gif

Let's stay on plan & kick some butt!!!