Diamonds in the Rough 7 Week Challenge: Round 2 [Week 5]

Options

Replies

• countryrose7
    countryrose7 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    QOTD Wed. June 1 - Is there any one food item that you want to give up or have given up since changing to your new healthy lifestyle?
    I'm not really giving anything up, I'm just making modifications. Say.......white flour turns into wheat flour, cream for my coffee is sugar free, oil for brownies is now applesauce. Stuff like that. I tried giving up stuff that I loved and the weight did come off but I always felt like I was depriving myself of something. Eventually the weight came right back. So this time, I will still have gummy bears---just not the whole bag!
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    QOTD Wed. June 1 - Is there any one food item that you want to give up or have given up since changing to your new healthy lifestyle?

I haven't give up anything. I really limit certain items but everything in moderation. I find when I say I am not going to eat something or I cut something out I end up craving it that much more.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I did give up chocolate and cake for the first three months or so and found it fine as it was Lent and I had made a promise.... now I find the cake is creeping back in and the special treats are becoming a little more frequent, so I need to harden my resolve not to eat sweet treats.

You need to watch that. That is what happened to me. I worked really hard and ate very strictly for the first year after my youngest was born and got back to within a few lbs of my pre-pregnancy weight. Then I had some of his birthday cake, then some wedding cake a month later at my brother's wedding, the marshmallows and s'mores because we were camping. Pretty soon special occasion treats had become the norm for me again and I had gained back 20 lbs.
  • tramik31
    tramik31 Posts: 17
    Options
    QOTD Thur. June 2

What is your greatest inspiration in your weight loss journey?

My greatest inspiration is my family~
  • TrimmingTracie
    Options
    QOTD Wednesday - food given up or limited...

Well, I'm not sure I've given anything up per se. I haven't eaten any ice cream since starting mfp, but I haven't really missed it (I'd rather have the hot fudge than the ice cream). I suppose I have limited the sweets quite a bit - I haven't eaten cookies although I seriously want them :) Also cheesecake - I was at a dinner where they served cheesecake for dessert and I only had 3 bites, but boy were they good bites! If you can't guess, I have a big sweet tooth so limiting the sweets is the hardest thing for me to do.

I have abandoned liquid flavored coffee creamers all together. Too many cals and other stuff! Back to the basics.
  • TrimmingTracie
    Options
    QOTD Thur. June 2

This QOTD is from my DiTR partner, hey gir:tongue: l! At first, My greatest inspiration of my weight loss journey is being able to walk in the heat without feeling overweight like a slab of bacon in a frying pan. 2ndly, I can firmly fit into my prepregnant summer tops, which means the bottoms are within reach with alot of hard work. And last but not least, all of the support from you gals and guys on MFP! :flowerforyou:
  • TrimmingTracie
    Options
    QOTD Wednesday Jun 1st - Is there any one food item that you want to give up or have given up since changing to your new healthy lifestyle?

I want to give up soda. I do for a while and then a headache sends me racing back. The problem is, I'm a total junkie. One taste is enought o send me on a binge.

I am this way about cookies. I have no portion control.
  • jamgal789
    jamgal789 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    QOTD: Thursday, June 2

My biggest inspirations have been:
    *Joel Fuhrman, MD -- who is challenging and changing my paradigm about eating healthfully.
    *My (cancer) patients -- who choose daily to fight to achieve even a fraction of the level of health and fitness that I enjoy and often take for granted.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options

I think I am my greatest inspiration. As vain as it may sound, I look at my before and after pictures pretty frequently to remind myself of how far I've come. Another motivation is my man. He lost about 50 pounds in a past life and did it was such quiet grace that I feel humbled.
  • cshine06
    cshine06 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Monday May 30th What was your most fun life experience (or one of your most fun experiences)?
    My most enjoyable moment is when my family and I have big parties and dance the night away.

Tuesday If you could make any ONE food (or drink) a zero calorie, "free" food, what would it be?
    M&M's with Peanuts... I love them, but I don't buy them anymore.

QOTD Wednesday Jun 1st - Is there any one food item that you want to give up or have given up since changing to your new healthy lifestyle?

I want to give up processed sweets period. I can go a long time with out sweets but once I get a hold to them a binge like crazy. I am trying to focus on lower sugar foods and keep that way for over a month. I have given up white bread,flour,,sugar Whole milk, soda, and many other foods since I started my new lifestyle. Sometimes I just have a problem with chocolate and cakes at parties.
  • cshine06
    cshine06 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My biggest inspiration is myself losing over 25 pounds and keeping it off over a year. I look back at where I came from and realize that I can do anything if I can shed off that much weight. The funny thing about it is I never knew I was overweight until I started this journey. My Mom is another one of my inspirations because even when I did not notice my weight gain she constantly reminded me of my problem. Of course I did not believe her until I step on that scale and saw my weight. I love all my MFP friends because seeing everyones diary and exercise diary guides me in the right direction.
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    QOTD: Biggest inspiration --
    You know, it is so hard to figure this one out. I have started "dieting" so many times in the past and it hasn't worked. The times it did work and I lost weight - there's just something inside that says "OK, this time I mean it!" And until the first time that I cheat and basically fall off the diet wagon I don't know whether it's one of those "I mean it" times or one of the unsuccessful times.

This time I have been inspired to stay on this journey because of mfp - the ease of logging what I eat, feeling somewhat accountable by having my food diary out there and my progress ticker on all my posts. Now that I'm seeing some results, I am further inspired by success. I want to feel good about myself, and staying on this course is helping me do that.
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    QOTD Wednesday Jun 1st - Is there any one food item that you want to give up or have given up since changing to your new healthy lifestyle

i guess while eating pizza we always used to have soda with it now we stopped completely having soda not pizza yet haaaaaaaa

Inspiration my BF and my old pictures

Kathy
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    QOTD Thursday.... I am one who believes in everything in moderation. So I refuse to give up anything that I really like. However, my diet has changed drastically since I want drastic results. I have made majot changes to my nutrion. But I do allow myself the luxories of life everyonce in a while. I do burn them off often.
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    QOTD..... Thursday....Inspiration. My biggest inspiration would have to be my mother. Her smile when she was proud of me for anything I did will always be remebered in my heart and mind. I know she is looking down on me and smiling everytime I get on that scale....
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    QOTD Wednesday: I gave up Oreos, or I am waiting until I have more self controls to eat them again. I want to give up Soda. I had stopped drinking it, but I kind of picked up diet soda a couple weeks ago, and now I am working to get back on the wagon.

QOTD Thursday: I don't know what my biggest inspiration is. I am pushing so hard because my main motivation right now is to not have to buy a plus size wedding dress.
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    QOTD Thursday June 2nd:

I am not quite sure what my biggest inspiration is. I think it would be the ability to play basketball well into my 50s. My sister is an inspiration. She works so hard and makes time for the important things in life and I think that my health is important and should fit into a busy schedule.
  • TrimmingTracie
    Options
    QUESTION OF THE DAY, Friday June 3rd:

With the weather warm and our bodies more beautiful ech week, I want to know how do YOU reward yourself during your weightloss journey that is NOT edible?

My answer is Custome Jewerly. I like to buy earring/necklace sets. I have a big ole trunk styled jewerly box that locks and has a separate box inside for traveling. I love to fill it up. I also love to buy new eye shadow and nail polish combos.
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    QOTD Thur. June 2

My greatest inspirations started out being my mom and my girls. I wanted to set examples for them. They still are but more and more I am becoming my own inspiration. I deserve to be healthy and feel sexy again!
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    QUESTION OF THE DAY, Friday June 3rd:

With the weather warm and our bodies more beautiful ech week, I want to know how do YOU reward yourself during your weightloss journey that is NOT edible?

I have rewarded myself with smaller clothes. That is the most fulfilling for me. But I think that when I make my ultimate goal then I will treat myself to some type of body spa treatment. 7 lbs to go! But those 7 are holding on tight!