Not sure if I am going on the right track or not....pls help

Options
Mon 05/30/11 03:08 AM
Hey pals...I am so happy for joining MFP. I have the same question of what to eat before exercise. I ll start tomorrow but I usually feel so tired and dizzy doing any exercise. U r free to check my profile and food diary and if anyone has any comment , pls do u cause this will definitely help me. I am generally in love with carbs and I hate proteins as chicken and meat so u won't find them a lot in my food diary.

Replies

• amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat something before exercise; I hate eating in the morning so I just drink a protein shake. You can also try Kashi granola bars which are protein rich & tasty. Also be sure to stay hydrated before-during-after exercise. Will make ALL the difference in the world!
  • bigredhearts
    bigredhearts Posts: 428
    Options
    personally i think you def need more protein, and there are alot of ways to incorporate protein into your diet without eating meat. I just recently bought dry roasted edemame beans and 1/4 c is 14 grams of protein! and they taste like pumpkin seeds! not to mention it would be a good idea if you are going to eat so little cals, to use those cals eating more whole grains, fruits, and vegetables on top of that extra protein, and drink lots of water! also, for energy a little vitamin b complex couldnt hurt :)
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    A good thing to do before working out is taking in some good and healthy carbs such as whole wheat toast and oatmeal. Healthy carbs give you energy which helps you get through the workout and within 45 min of your work out being done you do need to take in some healthy protein. Protein builds muscle which burns fat. If you do not care for meat and eggs then try something else like greek yogurt, nuts, and such.