Mimi's Cafe?

Options
Anyone familiar with this chain? They post the nutritional values on their website...which I like, but does anyone know if the values are for the whole meal or just the main part? For example, I ordered the Slow Roasted Turkey with mashed potatoes, corn bread stuffing and veggies...but I don't know if the values are for the turkey alone or the whole meal? They have a blurb saying it's a la carte...but 878 calories seems like alot for turkey alone. Anyone know?

Replies

• callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    It says " Nutritional calculations are listed a la carte without sides" so that would mean their calculations are for the listed entree only (i.e. turkey breast, pot pie, pot roast, etc.). 878 is a lot, but far from unheard of when it comes to restaurant chains. The 2496 mg of sodium is actually the scarier number, to me.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Calories are per entree. Sides and all. 91g of carbs would be a bit much for turkey alone, don'tcha think? :happy:
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Calories are per entree. Sides and all. 91g of carbs would be a bit much for turkey alone, don'tcha think? :happy:

Yes. I suppose that carbs number makes it seem like sides are included. Unless that gravy has a heck of a lot of flour in it! But the "a la carte" language definitely doesn't make sense in that case.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

Yes. I suppose that carbs number makes it seem like sides are included. Unless that gravy has a heck of a lot of flour in it! But the "a la carte" language definitely doesn't make sense in that case.

Yeah, I was reading how it said that info is for "a la carte" items without sides...which made me question my reply, but then I thought..."what if they meant extra sides on top of the dish?" Then, I shrugged it off because I would log it as the entire meal if it were me. Haha.