10 pounds off since I started??? Already????

I just finished yet another workout, came home, checked in on here, and it says I've lost over 10 pounds since I started! (I check my weight usually 3 days in a row to make sure what the scale reads is not a fluke) But it seems like it went pretty fast (Thanksgiving I weighed 165, started on here probably about 3 weeks ago (started my excersize regiment 2 weeks ago) and now I'm at 154.6!), and it makes me wonder if I may be doing something wrong on here...I'm not starving myself, and I'm eating right around what my daily intake should be, and not over-working out...Should I be proud or do you guys think somethings wrong on here? I AM a guy, and I know that guys and girls have different metabolisms and the likes, and I don't really SEE a big difference (to be honest, I don't know what 10 pounds really looks like), so please, give me your two cents! Regardless, I am very proud of myself for keeping in an excersize regiment and proper calorie intake, and will kepp on here doing so even after I reach my goal (only 10 pounds to go...then I reevaluate and start muscle building (more than just strength excersizes, which I do when I work out)

Wow....that was long... working out really does make you feel great, though, doesn't it???

Replies

• I just finished yet another workout, came home, checked in on here, and it says I've lost over 10 pounds since I started! (I check my weight usually 3 days in a row to make sure what the scale reads is not a fluke) But it seems like it went pretty fast (Thanksgiving I weighed 165, started on here probably about 3 weeks ago (started my excersize regiment 2 weeks ago) and now I'm at 154.6!), and it makes me wonder if I may be doing something wrong on here...I'm not starving myself, and I'm eating right around what my daily intake should be, and not over-working out...Should I be proud or do you guys think somethings wrong on here? I AM a guy, and I know that guys and girls have different metabolisms and the likes, and I don't really SEE a big difference (to be honest, I don't know what 10 pounds really looks like), so please, give me your two cents! Regardless, I am very proud of myself for keeping in an excersize regiment and proper calorie intake, and will kepp on here doing so even after I reach my goal (only 10 pounds to go...then I reevaluate and start muscle building (more than just strength excersizes, which I do when I work out)

Wow....that was long... working out really does make you feel great, though, doesn't it???
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    yes it does... but u have to remember that guys lose weight faster than girls! its easier for guys to gain muscle and muscle burns calories faster!
  • that is true (that's what I meant by the metabolism sentence in the original post)...Just wanted to check in about that
  • and by "that", I meant to write if it was right that I could lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks without starving myself or overworking myself (clicked 'post reply' too soon!)
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Everyone loses weight at different rates.....it only took me 12 weeks to lose 16 pounds, but it took my husband about 15 weeks, and he's on a stricter calorie and exercise routine than I am.

I'd say there's nothing wrong......but you did prove to yourself that you were probably eating a LOT more than you realized!!!:wink:
  • Congratulations on your weight loss! That's pretty great! :D