any one potty training/trained an 18 MO?

Options
2»

Replies

• Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    It's been a while... my husband was very involved and trained my son to sit, which he still does at 12. He learned how to stand and pee in a public restroom at a urinal. I did the stickers as rewards, worked ok. Best was sending him out to play in the backyard naked- he figured it out pretty fast on his own at that point. Summer's coming.... He was easier than my daughter, but she has not been easy in any way since her conception! It really is on their time line.
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    You can also try putting food colouring into the water tanks. (blue or red work best) - when they go pee they can make the water change colour, sometimes its an incentive.
    There are also some potty training books you can get. (we just bought Princess Potty for our daughter - the one for the boys was Pirate Potty) - they come with stickers and a hat to wear while on the potty.
    Biggest thing is to be VERY encouraging when they do well and clap and praise for the successes and to be disappointed (but not get angry) when they don't go on the potty.
  • JustDandyCreations
    JustDandyCreations Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    WOW that is young... My boys were all closer to three. However my newly 2 year old does go potty a few times a day on his own in the potty:)
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Have DAD help him. Seriously this was the ONLY way mine trained, after the months of me drilling it into his head , reminding him, asking him..... took a weekend my husband had off to pee together in the bathroom. That is with me using rewards, treats, games. Dad goes in and poof he gets it