Get me OUT OF BED!!

Options
Hi All,

I'm looking for suggestions to get me out of bed in the morning. The only realistic time for me to workout is at 5:am when the gym opens. Now, I used to do this everyday when I was a single chick...now....3 years later...as a mom and a wife, getting up that early and doing ANYTHING for myself is extremely difficult!!

I'm looking for ways to actually motivate me to get out of bed. Perhaps an accountability partner who will literally yell at me if I don't go to the gym....that's just one suggestion mind you..hhahaha

Anyone have any good ways to get this butt out of bed? :)
Thanks in advance,Cassidy

Replies

• cassangelidy
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm looking for suggestions to get me out of bed in the morning. The only realistic time for me to workout is at 5:am when the gym opens. Now, I used to do this everyday when I was a single chick...now....3 years later...as a mom and a wife, getting up that early and doing ANYTHING for myself is extremely difficult!!

I'm looking for ways to actually motivate me to get out of bed. Perhaps an accountability partner who will literally yell at me if I don't go to the gym....that's just one suggestion mind you..hhahaha

Anyone have any good ways to get this butt out of bed? :)
    Thanks in advance,Cassidy
  • Jules4506
    Options
    I make my husband get me up when I need to. He can be brutal but it works.
  • carak2000
    Options
    What helps me is that when I workout before work I usually go to a class rather than work out on my own. This way the work is kind of done for me. I just have to show up and I'll get a workout. Also, since I've been doing this for a while, if I don't show up to class one week, the instruction will usually come up to me and say they missed the previous week. That motivates me to keep coming regularly. Also after time, you just feel better throughout the day - as I'm sure you remember from earlier years. I would also be happy to be your accountability partner since I'm up every morning (except Friday) before work for the gym. Good luck!
  • LAPETITERUSE
    Options
    I would love suggestions for this same thing. I used to be in the Navy so I was used to getting up early or get in serious trouble. Now that I'm a civilian again - I dont' have to be at work til 9 and well, I'm quite comfy in my bed til 8!! lol Setting the alarm earlier doesn't do it for me - I just hit snooze for two hours...

wish they had like an early morning wakeup call service from the gym -

"good morning. This is <insert name> from 24 hour fitness with your workout wakeup call. I look forward to seeing you in class in 30 minutes."

Now that would get me out of bed lol
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I don't think about it. I just swing my feet out of bed the moment that alarm goes off. If I think about it, my evil brain will talk me into sleep.

I get up, get dressed, grab something to nosh on to give me fuel and go out and get in my car.

I "GET" before I can think of excuses!

:flowerforyou:

O, I also have everything set out the night before. Again, it "GET"s me out the door!!
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    It mainly takes determination to get out of bed. Obviously you want to get up and workout. You have to have a strong will to get up that early. I get up at 5 every morning. I sometimes get 8 hours, sometimes 2. I'm the hall director of a freshman girls dorm, so nights can be crazy:explode: But, I love my job and my dedication to it and my workouts!
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have been battling this dilemn forever myself. I have a husband, two kids in high school, four dogs and I work full time. If I want to workout in the morning, I have to get out of bed by 4:45am. I typically don't get to sleep until 11pm so 4:45 come around real quick.
    I made a deal with myself. I only get up that early twice a week. The other days of the week I workout after work.
  • Fab140
    Options
    I have been battling this dilemn forever myself. I have a husband, two kids in high school, four dogs and I work full time. If I want to workout in the morning, I have to get out of bed by 4:45am. I typically don't get to sleep until 11pm so 4:45 come around real quick.
    I made a deal with myself. I only get up that early twice a week. The other days of the week I workout after work.

Goodness!!! You are an inspiration! I just have my hubby and the precious little devils to contend with. the littlest devil tends to help by biting at fingers, though......

:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I tried the 5am workout and failed. I hate mornings. :grumble:
    Instead, I use my lunch break to hit the gym.
    Dunno if it's feasible for you, but I love my midday workout.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Can you find a workout partner?
    I just started getting up at 4:25am to go to the gym with a woman who lives close to me (soon to be good friend). We always spoke a little when we saw each other in our neighborhood and one day she said "I need someone to come with me to the gym in the mornings" and said "I'll go, I'll go!"
    I got really lucky.
    I think you should get up and go to the gym early and maybe you'll meet someone there that will help you stay accountable to your workouts.

I wish you the best of luck !! :flowerforyou:
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    I pack everything for the gym and then put my work clothes, makeup, getting ready stuff into the car the night before- it makes me motivated to get up and into the car and off to the gym because everything is all ready to go but me!

I also have as much lunch stuff, after workout snack, etc ready as possible so I get up and go.

I also leave a note by my alarm clock that is encouraging and motivating!
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Thanks everyone for responding!!!

Even if I have a bag packed my alarm in the bathroom with my keys and clothes all laid out...I still can only make it to the gym half the time...I"M SOOO LAME!!! lol...its funny, but not really!! LOL

I wish I could find a workout partner...even just someone who will meet me at the gym...but I haven't been going long/often enough to find anyone. :) As far as my hubby kicking me out...he won't...he can't...lol...he is NOT a morning person (takes a freight train to wake him up) and isn't mean enough to give me the boot out of bed anyways!! lol.

I remember what it was like to get up and get going early and have the workout already done by 6 am. It felt AWESOME!!! But now its so dang hard! lol....Perhaps I just need a good kick in the butt!!

Anyone want to be my accountability partner and ask me each and every day if I went to the gym? I think I could get into the swing of things within 2-3 weeks...so it wouldn't be a forever thing. :)

Thanks for listening! :)
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    I pack everything for the gym and then put my work clothes, makeup, getting ready stuff into the car the night before- it makes me motivated to get up and into the car and off to the gym because everything is all ready to go but me!

I also have as much lunch stuff, after workout snack, etc ready as possible so I get up and go.

Putting my stuff in the car would totally work! ( I think hahahh) This is an awesome suggestion!!!
  • Fab140
    Options

Putting my stuff in the car would totally work! ( I think hahahh) This is an awesome suggestion!!!

Take it one day at a time!! You'll get into the groove soon enough!
  • jamdblake4
    Options
    the power of habit
    You may know me .
    I'myour constant companion
    I'm your greatest helper: i'm your heaviest burden
    I will push you onward or drag you down to failure
    I'm at your command
    Half the tasks you do might as well be turned over to me. I'm abble to do them quickly, and I'm able to do them the same ever time IF that's what you want.
    I'measily managed all you've got to do is be firm with me.
    Show me exactly how you want it done: after a few lessons I'll do it automatically.
    I am the servent of all great men and women: of course, servent of the failures as well.
    I've made all the great individuals who have ever been great and I've made all the failures,too.
    But I workwith all the precision of a marvelous computer with intelligence of a human being.
    You may run me for profit, or you may run me to ruin: makes no difference to me.
    Take me . be easy with me and I will DESTROY YOU.
    BE FIRM WITH ME AND I'LL PUT THE WORLD AT YOUR FEET

WHO AM I??????????????

I'M HABIT
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Anyone want to be my accountability partner and ask me each and every day if I went to the gym? I think I could get into the swing of things within 2-3 weeks...so it wouldn't be a forever thing. :)

I will be your accountability partner. If you'll be mine. We can yell at each other to make sure we are working out.
  • cassangelidy
    Options

I will be your accountability partner. If you'll be mine. We can yell at each other to make sure we are working out.

Its a deal!!! :) I'll PM you. :)
  • LAPETITERUSE
    Options
    Oh my goodness.... I just found this site!!! It's very inexpensive automated wake up calls.... I think I'm gonna suscribe for a month and see if that gets me in the habit of waking up for the gym. Check it out!!!!

http://www.wakeupline.com/a_wiz_step1.aspx?mw=wup
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Just push yourself for 2 or 3 weeks. You will adjust. Do it before the time change though.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

I

I also do this. I call it the "walk of shame" when I have to go out and retreve the bag from the car because I decided to sleep in, it rarely happens. I sleep in my workout clothes (I realize not for everyone) so all I have to do is put on shoes and socks and walk out the door. I honestly try not to think until I'm in the car (I'm not kidding) when the alarm rings don't think, get up, turn it off, get ready, go. Then you can think. I also find that it's easier to get up at 5 seven days a week rather than sleeping in on the weekend.