Calories burned on a Cardio Glide/Exerglide

I purchased a second hand Power Rider Cardio Glide machine from the Salvation army today and I'm trying to figure out how many calories I would burn per hour?

The best I can figure from my research so far is that it's similar to a rowing machine. Should I put it down as that?

A picture of the same machine I have here: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/wahpiangeh/power-rider-2.jpg

Replies

• ageros
    ageros Posts: 66 Member
    The best thing is probably just to invest in a heart rate monitor, that would end the confusion, and be more accurate than guessing based on a similar machine.
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    There are several factors that will determine calories burned. I'm 5'2 153lbs and according to my HRM when I used my gazelle glider the other day after an hour I had a calorie burn of about 125. When I did a google search it had a much much higher estimated burn around 500 calories. The only real way to know is to invest in a HRM.
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    If you have a HRM use it. I have a machine very similar, I also have a rowing machine. From my experience I get a much harder workout on the rowing machine. When I use the glider I count 1/2 the calories of rowing - moderate intensity. So if I use the glider 30 minutes, I enter 15 minutes of rowing.

Good luck!
  • katnz17
    katnz17 Posts: 45
    If you have a HRM use it. I have a machine very similar, I also have a rowing machine. From my experience I get a much harder workout on the rowing machine. When I use the glider I count 1/2 the calories of rowing - moderate intensity. So if I use the glider 30 minutes, I enter 15 minutes of rowing.

Good luck!

Thanks. I do want to invest in a heart rate monitor but probably won't be able to get one in the next few weeks or so and this gives me something to go on in the meantime.