For those of you doing Zumba...

Options
...are you enjoying it?
...how much have you lost?

I started going to Zumba class twice per week as of May 10th.
I love it so far.
It doesn't feel like a workout.
It's just so much fun.
I was thinking of buying the Exhilarate Dvd's too.
Do you have them? What do you think?

Replies

• CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Im about to start it .. Are the steps super hard to learn?
  • purplespeckle
    purplespeckle Posts: 652
    Options
    Im about to start it .. Are the steps super hard to learn?

you mean for the classes or the dvds? i don't know about the dvds yet. the zumba instructors create their own routines.
    i don't think that the moves are hard to learn. some of them may be confusing but you'll get it sooner or later. i love class.
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My first encounter with Zumba was 1 year ago--I did it for about a month and then didn't do it again until May (I work at night, so I never feel like working out before work!). I don't JUST do Zumba, so I can't really estimate how much I've lost just from Zumba, but I easily burn 500 calories with each 55 minute session.

I've lost about 18 lbs overall since I started doing Zumba, though.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Gotcha.. (See, I know nothing LOL) I'm getting the DVDs :)
  • verodancer23
    Options
    I do Zumba on the Wii and I love it! I havent done the dvds just yet but I have them! Its real easy to do and follow!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Im hopeing to start this week! I cant wait
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    Gotcha.. (See, I know nothing LOL) I'm getting the DVDs :)

lol, from what i've researched about the dvds the moves are explained in one of the dvds and it should be easy to follow.
    if they aren't easy to follow at first, don't give up though. just keep moving your body. you'll get it eventually.
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    Im hopeing to start this week! I cant wait

class or dvds? :)
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    My first encounter with Zumba was 1 year ago--I did it for about a month and then didn't do it again until May (I work at night, so I never feel like working out before work!). I don't JUST do Zumba, so I can't really estimate how much I've lost just from Zumba, but I easily burn 500 calories with each 55 minute session.

I've lost about 18 lbs overall since I started doing Zumba, though.

that's great. yeah i do zumba tues and thurs. and then the other days it varies from turbofire, p90x, and other dvds.
  • downward
    downward Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am doing zumba and love it too! I started in Dec and go 2x per week. I am no longer loosing just maintaining my 50 pound
    loss. If I don't do zumba I walk. I don't think the steps are hard to do if you first focus on the feet or the arms but not both. That is what I did to get the hang of it. Does anyone wear a heart rate monitor? I would like to know what the average person burns during a work out.
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I love the class. I have the Exhilarate DVDs too and the Mix is my favorite and the only one I can do all the way through even though it is supposed to be the second most challenging... I also do the elliptical and some other exercise stuff too, although I have lost 9 pounds since starting the class, but last week I missed and I lost 3 pounds this week.
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    Love Love LOVE Zumba! I've heard so many times over the years that the key is to find an exercise that you enjoy and until now I've never enjoyed ANY! I'm taking a Zumba Gold class thats for beginners (or seniors) so the moves are a little easier to learn and a slightly slower pace than a regular zumba class so I don't feel like such a clutz. And my instructor is so upbeat and fun and sexy that you just can't help but love it! YAY to the inventors of Zumba - if there was a Nobel Prize for fitness, I'd give it to them!
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Well, I LOVE LOVE LOVE ZUMBA!! And if you don't feel like it's much of a workout squat lower into those side to side steps, reach higher, tighten your core as much as possible and really focus in on those muscles, I can get super sweaty and worked if I push myself hard... but I mostly go to classes and I'm always ok with being a stand out anyway so I'll throw an extra turn in a rotation, choose the high intensity option everytime... happy dancing!!
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba on the Wii and I love it! I havent done the dvds just yet but I have them! Its real easy to do and follow!

me too on the wii i've lost about 40lbs in 6months
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    Love Love LOVE Zumba! I've heard so many times over the years that the key is to find an exercise that you enjoy and until now I've never enjoyed ANY! I'm taking a Zumba Gold class thats for beginners (or seniors) so the moves are a little easier to learn and a slightly slower pace than a regular zumba class so I don't feel like such a clutz. And my instructor is so upbeat and fun and sexy that you just can't help but love it! YAY to the inventors of Zumba - if there was a Nobel Prize for fitness, I'd give it to them!

i agree. i really enjoy zumba class. and i hate that it's only two days per week. that's why i was interested in the dvds. :D
  • purplespeckle
    Options

me too on the wii i've lost about 40lbs in 6months

great job!
  • SiouxPrincess
    SiouxPrincess Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba too, I do the DVD's at home they were so easy to learn. I do it 5 days a week, mix up the DVD's. I have lost 26lbs since I started on March 28. I want to get the NEW DVD's since I only have the older ones. It is so much fun.
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I wear a hrm, and depending on the intensity I put in I range from 500 (me not trying very hard, just going thru the motions) to 900 max (I really. Turned it up a notch it was a big class and one of the instructor trainers, so I wanted to impress him... it worked ;))
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    I love Zumba too, I do the DVD's at home they were so easy to learn. I do it 5 days a week, mix up the DVD's. I have lost 26lbs since I started on March 28. I want to get the NEW DVD's since I only have the older ones. It is so much fun.

that's great!! yeah i was researching both releases since the older release is cheaper but the new release of dvds look like so much more fun!!
  • kristalael
    kristalael Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I take Zumba classes twice a week and I just ordered the Exhilarate DVD's so I am excited to do it at home on nights when I don't have class! I burn about 600 calories per class so hopefully I can push myself that hard at home when I'm not in a room with 30 other women and an instructor. My friends and I have talked about having Zumba nights at different girls houses so we don't do it alone! I'll let you all know how I like the DVD's once I get them! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!