FREE TREADMILL????!!!

Options
I am SOOOOO excited!

I've been planning to earmark some $$ and scope out a used treadmill on Craigslist for about a month now. I know it's going to be getting colder soon, and I want to be prepared for those days.
Right now, I go to my gym every other day. On days I don't go, I walk about 30-35 minutes at 3.5 mph with 2 3lb weights in each hand, around my neighborhood.

Last summer, I put a classified up in our hospital network classifieds for a free gas grill. I figured "Hey, there could be someone looking to get rid of one, and my man's real good at fixing stuff, so even if it's broke, that's okay. It beats spending $100+ + on a new one." I'm not fussy. And sure enough, someone had one. I had to buy a new tank, and a pressure valve/gauge, but it was worth the $80 I put into it.

SOOO... I thought, "Hey, if it worked last summer, why not this time?"

Before I posted the request, though, I lQQked in the sporting good area of the classifieds and

LO AND BEHOLD THERE IT WAS

Free treadmill, in working order. Don't need it where we're moving. You come pick up.

:drinker: :laugh: :happy: :tongue: :smooched: SOOO happY!!!!!! wooo hoooooo what a great way to end this long week and an even longer day!!!

Replies

• Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I am SOOOOO excited!

I've been planning to earmark some $$ and scope out a used treadmill on Craigslist for about a month now. I know it's going to be getting colder soon, and I want to be prepared for those days.
    Right now, I go to my gym every other day. On days I don't go, I walk about 30-35 minutes at 3.5 mph with 2 3lb weights in each hand, around my neighborhood.

Last summer, I put a classified up in our hospital network classifieds for a free gas grill. I figured "Hey, there could be someone looking to get rid of one, and my man's real good at fixing stuff, so even if it's broke, that's okay. It beats spending $100+ + on a new one." I'm not fussy. And sure enough, someone had one. I had to buy a new tank, and a pressure valve/gauge, but it was worth the $80 I put into it.

SOOO... I thought, "Hey, if it worked last summer, why not this time?"

Before I posted the request, though, I lQQked in the sporting good area of the classifieds and

LO AND BEHOLD THERE IT WAS

Free treadmill, in working order. Don't need it where we're moving. You come pick up.

:drinker: :laugh: :happy: :tongue: :smooched: SOOO happY!!!!!! wooo hoooooo what a great way to end this long week and an even longer day!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Super duper yay!!!
    That is spectacular!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!!!!

You run and get it sweetie!!:flowerforyou:
  • girldeese
    Options
    Lucky You!! I am going on craigslist right now to see what is free, since I don't have anywhere like your board to go! Good Idea! I love FREE things! Don't we all! :wink:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    there is a site on yahoo groups called "freecycle" you put in your town after freecycle. for instance mine is "freecyclecharleston" it's real cool. everything is free. you can't charge money for anything. you can get so much on there. you just post a want, or someone has posted an offer. you can get furniture, building supplies, clothing. i just got clothing, it saves buying when your "downsizing". check it out.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Wow good for you! I'm going to check Craigslist in my area and see if I can find a free treadmill too. :bigsmile:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    FREE IS GOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it works GREAT, and I can tell I'm going to get many a great workouts from it. The HRM doesn't work (who cares, I'm getting a 'real' one next week), and there's just enough room for water bottle and my weights. The incline has to be changed manually (who cares), but it has full range of speed - I'll NEVER use the higher ones (rough on my knees), but it's COOOOL!! and it came from a co-worker, so that's even better.
    YAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    AND -- you saved the treadmill from going to a landfill -- Yay you!!