Anyone out there struggling to lose those final 10 lbs?

Options
2»

Replies

• ginagn73
    ginagn73 Posts: 89
    Options
    Yep. I've got 10 I wanted to take off and really worked at for over five months now. I've tried it all, strict calorie counting, high protein, zig zags, eat more, add more weight training, nutritionist appointments, blah blah blah. I'll drop five or so then with something as small one meal out with the family, or a couple of chocolate chip cookies it comes back and I'm starting all over again.

In three days, it will officially be two 1.5 years I've been restricting, counting and adding extra gym time. I finally decided to just stop it. I'm healthy, I feel great, I'm training for TWO marathons this year. I honestly think that it's time for me to let go and let my body be what it's going to be. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going back to the old habits that put me sick as hell and at 200+ pounds, but I will eat a cookie, drink an extra glass of milk or sit outside with my daughter and enjoy fresh summer strawberries with no guilt or shame. So what if I'm a size 8 and not the size 6 I wanted to be. I'm living life 100% like I want to completely unencumbered by my weight (too sick to participate or too restrictive to meet what might be unrealistic goals). My official plan is to keep keeping on and manage what I can control. Eat well, spend time at the gym, push myself a little harder for each of my athletic goals and let my body just do what it does. 10 pounds be damned!

I like this. Most of us get down to a 10 lb goal and we are really fighting with our already healthy bodies over vanity. I have a goal of 125, but I weigh in at 127.2 most of the time. Why do I care so much about 2.2 lbs? To hell with it, I agree. If you are 10lbs outside of "healthy" for your height/BMI etc., keep working, sure. But if you are stressing about 10lbs on a healthy body, it may be time to forget the numbers and focus on treating that healthy body right (by feeding it healthy foods and letting it rest appropriately, but also working it hard). heck, who knows maybe it will repay you with dropping a few pounds.

For me that last ten pounds means I can wear a bikini with no rolls...one size smaller in pants...and the difference to me feeling good!!!!Thats why I stress over it.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Then that makes perfect sense ginagn73. I guess I'm already in the pants I'm happy with and if I wanted to wear a bikini I would consider it, so I see your point. But if you could fit into your ideal sized pants and be confident in a bikini at this *Weight* (not size, not toned level but pure number on scale) I bet you would care less about the last ten lbs.

I guess the big message is don't go solely by a nice round (or ideal) number on a scale.
  • ginagn73
    ginagn73 Posts: 89
    Options
    Then that makes perfect sense ginagn73. I guess I'm already in the pants I'm happy with and if I wanted to wear a bikini I would consider it, so I see your point. But if you could fit into your ideal sized pants and be confident in a bikini at this *Weight* (not size, not toned level but pure number on scale) I bet you would care less about the last ten lbs.

I guess the big message is don't go solely by a nice round (or ideal) number on a scale.

Very true....:)