What Supplements Do You Take Regularly?

Options
Hi All,
I am working through some research on supplements and am interested in what others are doing and why you think it is working for you.

I currently run 20+ miles per week and do weight training about three days a week.

I take 1500 mg glucosamine, 200 mg chromium picolonate, one aspirin, 2000 mg fish oil, and when I am really training I supplement with something called Animal Paks.

I know most will say that that is overkill, but, I see a differance... Very little soreness (even after intense workout periods), good energy level, and a good payoff on the traiing.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Replies

• Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    Options
    I take a calcium/Vitamin D supplement too but that's because I don't drink milk when cutting. If you drink milk then it's probably not necessary.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    A multivitamin to cover my bases.

Vitamin D.

Krill Oil.

I'm not worried about calcium because I get a ton of dairy every day. ;)

*edit* I drink a lot of the 4C light teas, and each serving has 100% of your daily Vitamin C. So even though I don't intentionally take a Vitamin C supplement, I'm getting loads of it in my beverages.*
  • inafit16177
    inafit16177 Posts: 84
    Options
    BUMP
  • michelle2566
    Options
    Sorry I eat a healthy balenced diet and see no reason to take supplements....
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Woman's multivitamin
    iron (prescription)
    vitamin D (prescription)
    flax oil capsules (1-3 daily)
    green tea extract
    Align probiotic
    B-12 about four days a week
    calcium with magnesium about 3 days a week

I think tha's all of it. :wink:
  • twentysixpointtwo
    Options
    I am training for a half marathon and just started strength training. I take a ton of stuff probably because I'm a nurse and see a lot of research/what Drs order etc and I want make sure I'm covered :) Just started taking glucosamine-I think it's helping. I also take folic, super B complex, fish oil, D3, vit E vit C and a basic MVI. I'm big into antioxidants/reducing free radicals and drink red wine and eat a small amt of dark chocolate pretty regularly.
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I am working through some research on supplements and am interested in what others are doing and why you think it is working for you.

I currently run 20+ miles per week and do weight training about three days a week.

I take 1500 mg glucosamine, 200 mg chromium picolonate, one aspirin, 2000 mg fish oil, and when I am really training I supplement with something called Animal Paks.

I know most will say that that is overkill, but, I see a differance... Very little soreness (even after intense workout periods), good energy level, and a good payoff on the traiing.

Thoughts or suggestions?

animal pak is overpriced. there are better options out there for a multi
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Liquit multi-vitamin.
    Omega 3-6-9
    Dymatize Protein powder
    Veggie Greens powder
    Creatine
    Herbal Digestive cleanse
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    emergen-c
    vitamin d
    multi
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    multi vitamin
    co q 10
    resveratrol
    biotin
  • cammons
    cammons Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I take a Flintstones chewable just about every day. You wouldn't believe how many doctors I have seen that tell me they do the same thing too!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    a prenatal vitamin- I'm still breastfeeding. I'll probably keep taking it beyond my time nursing, though. I love that vitamin.
    I'm also drinking whey protein (Jay Robb) afew times a week. I view that as a supplement, even though many of you might not. It helps with muscle soreness.
    I'm thinking of adding more supplements, but haven't really figured it out yet.