back at it...

Well a year ago I quit smoking ( where did the year go?) , and I have been trying for 9 months to loose the weight that I gained, with no success. I have been on this site, done weight watchers , worked out at curves etc. After a visit with my doctor the other day, she told me that a year is the magic number. She said that the first year of quitting smoking is hell on the body and now my metabolism should get back to normal. OH I hope so. I have joined cardio boot camp and have completed my second month, and am signed up for a third. So here hoping that I am over the plateau....and im gonna be back at this hard....

Replies

• dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Well a year ago I quit smoking ( where did the year go?) , and I have been trying for 9 months to loose the weight that I gained, with no success. I have been on this site, done weight watchers , worked out at curves etc. After a visit with my doctor the other day, she told me that a year is the magic number. She said that the first year of quitting smoking is hell on the body and now my metabolism should get back to normal. OH I hope so. I have joined cardio boot camp and have completed my second month, and am signed up for a third. So here hoping that I am over the plateau....and im gonna be back at this hard....
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    wow, props on quitting smoking!! my dad has tried for years, and then gave up. that is a HUGE accomplishment! losing weight should be easy after that right?:laugh:

you can do it! you have a proven track record of will power!
  • Agree...sounds like someone will be looking good by Christmas....Love your Attitude. :flowerforyou: