anyone on here without a gallbladder???

Options
So.. i had to removemy gallbladder 3 yrs ago...

i find it horrible now that i have decided to do a lifestyle change i find that everything just passes straight through and doesn't have time to digest itself!!! in the beginning i found that i was constipated and my metabolism was just shocked! now.. after 2 weeks i guess my body has accustomed itself to my work out and eating plan .. but my stools are very loose! SORRY FOR THE TMI... just wondering if anyone has this happening as well .. and if it has to do with me not having a gallbladder

Replies

• eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I had mine out just over a year ago. I've actually found that I'm having less of those sorts of problems because I'm eating less fat.
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've noticed the same thing after I had my gallbladder taken out. But I've also noticed that eating a balanced diet helps that. I mean a really balanced diet. Eating enough meat, whole grains and fruits with veggies daily. Gallbladder or not, judging stool is the best way to tell how our eating habits are doing.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hi - All the dr.s say it has nothing to do with the gall bladder but I can tell you from exerience - that's be been my exerience. Since my operation 12 years ago, I've had a REALLY hard time losing weight, having normal movements. I am usually really sick in the morning before lunch. ALOT. Pepto helps sometimes. Greasy or fried foods make it a lot worse. It took many years for my body to get into a groove. It does get better with time. You can friend me if you want, or send me a message. This stuff is yucky to talk about in public.

Good luck.
  • vanessadcampanelli
    Options
    ya i know its yucky sorry hahaha but im just wondering if im alone on this!! maybe i shld eat more grains:s but thats more carbs!!! i dont eat a lot of fat more fruits and veggies thats why im wondering if it happens to anyone else
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    How interesting....
    I had my gall bladder out when I was quite young (age 12)...i'm 30 now. Adapting my diet was never discussed with me because I was so young but i've noticed the same things over the years and have always wondered if there was a connection. I wish I had a solution for you, I find raw fruit or veggies causes me almost immediate discomfort, anything really "rich" (which I guess is probably high-fat) is also usually an issue.
  • staceyo1211
    staceyo1211 Posts: 163
    Options
    I had my gall bladder removed about 11 years ago and I still have the same issues. Before I changed my eating habits (Jan 2011)if I ate fatty, spicy or greasy foods OMG there was hell to pay. It tore my tummy up. Now I dont eat those kinds of foods so im not bothered.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I had mine out about 4 years ago... I don't seem to have any problems regardless of whether I'm eating healthy foods or fatty foods.
  • vanessadcampanelli
    Options
    humm same here raw fruits and veggies my stomach automaticallyreacts .. but this is only in the morning! haha then after it eases up! i knew about greasy and fatty foods and truusttt meeee i get massive heart burn if i eat that sooo i stay away as much as possible!!!

now another question .. do u find it harder or easier to shed the pounds??? having no gallbladder that is?
  • Stelynru
    Stelynru Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I had my gall bladder out 3 years ago as well. I put on 40lbs since, not sure if it was because of the removal or because I stopped breastfeeding my twins at the same time. It has definitely given my some IBS issues. Fatty, greasy foods make me feel so ill and go right through me. It's a big part of the reason that I am trying to change my eating habits.....that and I want that extra 40lbs GONE! Losing weight has become more challenging since having my gall bladder out though.
  • vanessadcampanelli
    Options
    wow i would think it wld be easier as the washroom is used more frequently LMAO
  • tanyaevans5
    tanyaevans5 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi :flowerforyou:

Had my gall bladder removed in 2008 and yes i have have notice the same problems as you. Through the process of elimination i have discovered what i can and cant eat. Some foods even make a difference when cooked.

I have found red meats and animal fats are an absolute no especially if eating out. I usually stick with chicken or fish (good job they r my favourites). salad, veg and rice are ok but have found that pasta can sometimes give me problems. A real surprise though was cooked cheese, i can only have cheese & onion pie at home now.

Changing my diet has helped this problem a great deal as i used to go to the toilet 6-7 times in the morning before leaving the house. I am back to once daily, but still rely on co-phenotrope when going out.

4080616.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I had my gallbladder removed 5 months ago and I feel fabulous in that department. I honestly don't even notice it's gone, except I don't get the incredible pain I got before. I can eat anything I want with no ill effects. But I do know that your symptoms are "normal" and I've been told it can take up to a full year for your body to learn how to function without the gallbladder
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I had my gallbladder out last year, but I haven't had any problems like that since the surgery. The only issue I have not is heart burn...which I don't know why my gallbladder would make a difference with that, but I had never had heart burn before in my life, and now I get it every once in a while depending on what I eat.
  • vanessadcampanelli
    Options
    INTERESTING... ya in the morning is always the worst time for me... the bathroom loves me then LMAO... but then it soothes down during the afternoon... but im glad its normal for people without a gallbladder... does this mean we digest faster than normal?
  • jambs5
    jambs5 Posts: 114
    Options
    Hello,
    I had my gallbladder removed in September of '07. I 1st had problems with my gallbladder in the 1st trimester of my 3rd pregnancy in March of '97. I lived with minor flare ups for a little over 10 years then decided it was time to have it taken out. Gallbladder problems run in my family as both my parents ahd theirs removed as well as several of my sisters. Sometimes after eating I do have to use the bathroom about 20-30minutes later. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. The more support the better. I'm new to MFP just joined 5/13/11. Have a great day.
  • MummyDB
    MummyDB Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had my gallbladder out 4 1/2 years ago. I do have to watch what I eat, as some things cause me bowel/stomach upset. Nuts being a very main sorce of trouble. Too much fat IE Bacon. Too much dairy and anything overly spicy. As long as I am in moderation on any of the above. Other than nuts. Can't touch them. Then I seem to be ok. For the little bit of upset I may have once a month or so. It is a far improvement over the pain I had when I still had my gallbladder. Lots of water always seems to be my friend when I find my stomach is upset.

I will admit the first three months or so after surgery I was very up and down between constipation and runs. But it did seem to level out fairly quickly. Hope that helps.

Blessings.
    Dawn