A Virtual Walk Coast to Coast Across the USA for May 30

Options
Challenge starts today!!!!

Everyday I will post a thread titled "A Virtual Coast to Coast Across the USA" asking for everyone's mileage. So for example, on May 30th (TODAY) you will just reply to this thread what your sheet indicates for your mileage in calories burned.

Then Leeketty1176 will take everyone's combined mileage and plot it on the map.

Good luck to all participants....... LETS GET MOVING!!!

ALSO for anyone who still does not have the sheet or for those who would like to join us just post a reply to this thread and I (fesse) or lkmmom or FarieMoon will reply to all your questions and concerns!

Here is the link to the spreadsheet is needed:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkO9YqLvS00XdDIxN1JtVTdaSlpoTXctX09iUF9IT0E&hl=en_US&authkey=CKHTsdsI

Replies

• Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    NEW COMERS ARE WELCOME TO JOIN!!!

May 30th called A Virtual Walk Coast to Coast Across the USA. This challenge has been created to give the participants not only focus on their individual health goals but to add a little fun as well.

There are four aspects to this challenge: personal focus/weight loss objectives, daily targets (things you want to focus on everyday), your weigh-ins and/or measurements, and finally, your training and miles.

Everyday a log in thread will appear in the MFP forum where you will log in the miles that you walked, jogged, ran, cycled, etc. Then we will combine the miles and plot them on a Google map to see if we can cross the United States starting at New York and finishing in San Francisco.

If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please respond to this thread saying you want to participate and then go to the following link to print/download the planner and instructions on how to use the planner: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkO9YqLvS00XdDIxN1JtVTdaSlpoTXctX09iUF9IT0E&hl=en_US&authkey=CKHTsdsI

Please note, the only information that will be published will be the mileage that you gain everytime you work out.

This challenge will promote focus on your weight loss and asking/giving support when needed.

So, do you want to see if we can walk/jog/run/cycle across America in 4 weeks?
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I am in, however, I can not see or find the spreadsheet via link provided, so If i just post here, then it will be added, right?
  • lidado
    lidado Posts: 41
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!

The more the better...Tell your friends...This is going to be an amazing month!!
  • kristiek7
    kristiek7 Posts: 198
    Options
    today was 2.08 miles
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    5.51 miles from me today...
  • emma2309
    emma2309 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm def in, if you'll have me! 3miles today!
  • kelley4123
    kelley4123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    hello! Im in too! Gonna start this month with a bang!
    x
  • emmajane_2288
    emmajane_2288 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    This sounds soo much fun! I am definitely in!
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Im in and trying to get as many of my friends to join too, check out the ticker i have for the challenge, haha awesome x
  • Waynes_World
    Waynes_World Posts: 333
    Options
    I would love to join in.... I cant print out the spreadsheet though... Is it ok if I just post my mileage here?

If so I jogged for 1.5 miles and rode my bike 6 miles .. For a total of 7.5 miles ;}
  • FaerieMoon
    FaerieMoon Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    good job there is still daylight to be had.... I have been slacking today.... feeling kinda burnt out from yday :P

I am on it :D
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Bump... Gotta get going!!!
  • DarkAngel864
    DarkAngel864 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    2.2 miles for this Angel
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I burned 664 Calories before noon! Wowsers! :love:

So let's see 664 / 120 = 5.53 miles :happy:
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    8.2 miles for me:happy:
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    cant wait to get the results in for this first day and get it on the map !
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    10.99 miles for me today :smile:
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I am in for this one too I think ....

I did 7 miles today (ran 3.5 and walked 3.5) ... for a calorie burn on 1200 before noon! Love it!
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    BUMP :D