First time caller

Options
Hello I am new and so far I am enjoying the site. I started bc a friend told me about the phone app, and later I sent to see where all my data was synching too. Well it looks like I found it. I discussed the option for gastric bypass years ago and have struggled with it, im not a fan but I have seen it works for us that are hard to control our hunger. My wife was very much to the point indicating that I have not even truly tried to diet, and never stuck to it. After meeting with a Dietision (sp) she explained that I was eatting 5,00 - 6,000 cals per day to maintain my weight. I thought she was full of crap but after measuring my food and calculating it on here I was suprised (damn right shocked scared) of how much and what I had been eatting. Im lucky that my blood work is not bad, im genetically lucky to be 370lbs and a colesterol of 105. But not being able to climb a few sets of stairs proved that I was not all right... I was told to shoot for 2,000 cals/day and MyFitnessPal said the dame things. Im sticking well to this with a few mishaps but im staying strong. The App is wonderful and very helpful, bc as you know if you fall off the wagon the app tells you if you keep eatting like you did today your *kitten* will explode! Ok maybe not that bad, but it is a shocker to see if 5 weeks you will be back where you started!

thank you to Mike for creating this site, as I feel so much better, and after one week have had alot of different people tell me I look like I have been loosing weight. I have not re-weighed myself, but I have drilled aother hole in both my belts! Ill be back to the diatision (again sp) next week and Ill weigh in there, and then again at work to make sure that scale is accurate or at least can compair.

I look forward to meeting new people that are doing the same thing, and are fighting the same demons.

Thanks,

Mark
Wilmington NC

Replies

• oyvonnee
    oyvonnee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mark from another newbie -- but not a newbie to struggling with weight and good nuturition. I think you will find the accountability of MFP and MFP friends will really help you. Count me in when you need encouragement. This is a great journey you are undertaking. You and your family will be blessed for it. I'll send you a friend request. :glasses:

P.S. Love the "if every day was like t his, your butt will explode." I think they should change it to say that. Hilarious! Yvonne
  • laurabeerotten
    Options
    Welcome Mark. I, like you, was genetically blessed to be at my heaviest, almost a year ago, morbidly obese (BMI 45.5) but still have excellent sugar, cholesterol, and blood pressure. I grew up playing sports and was still active, though not nearly as much as I could have been because of all of the extra weight. I started my weight loss journey on my own, but adding MFP in March is definitely keeping me on track. I hit 40 lbs down today, which is a slow weight loss but slow and steady wins the race. Weight loss for someone like me, who has been big all of her life, is going to be a life-long marathon of work... not a short sprint to a finish line and done. Feel free to add me if you'd like extra support or motivation.

Laura

PS: It's dietician on the spelling, in case you really wanted to know. :)