NSV! 10K Success :)

Options
MontanaB
MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
this morning I did the Bupa !0,000 Challenge in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity and completed it in 1hour 36minutes!
It might sound a little slow compared to the women's champ Jo Pavey who finished in 32mins but considering I'd done no practice of sorts or anything extra I'm pretty pleased with myself - but tbh as long as I finished within 2hours I wasn't going to complain!
definitely putting myself up for it next year but hoping to do it in around 1hr 15 which I think is doable - just got to practise!

me looking fairly tired with my lovely medal :)
187740_510517805_3136224_n.jpg

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Way to go, you rock!
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    Amazing, well done you, im down for the Great South Run in October, im currently doing training runs of around 10K so I know 1 hour 36 is a great time, well done again.
  • mrsgsnow
    mrsgsnow Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!! Congrats on the medal!!! :-)
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    Congrats! You're almost halfwyay to doing a half marathon. You should aim for that next!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    That's excellent! What a great way to cap off your weekend! Congrats on doing so well :flowerforyou:
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You're almost halfwyay to doing a half marathon. You should aim for that next!

I'd love to do a half marathon - I'm thinking of doing the 10k again next year but being able to run the whole thing (did a combination of running and walking today) and then look into doing a half marathon the year after :)

thanks everyone!
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!

4431657.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • 1FitMom326
    1FitMom326 Posts: 228
    Options
    Nice job! My first 10K is coming up July 10th. I am both nervous and excited!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!