FRUSTRATED!

Options
In the last week I've noticed several changes to the foods I've been eating. Suddenly, the yogurts I eat are no longer sixty calories, but eighty. Now the serving sizes for two of my other favorite foods have been reduced yet the calories stayed the same. None of these products said anything about having a new recipe or making the changes. They just silently sneak them in and I've been lucky to pay attention to them. What is this all about?!?!?!?!

Replies

• BetterVersion
    Options
    In the last week I've noticed several changes to the foods I've been eating. Suddenly, the yogurts I eat are no longer sixty calories, but eighty. Now the serving sizes for two of my other favorite foods have been reduced yet the calories stayed the same. None of these products said anything about having a new recipe or making the changes. They just silently sneak them in and I've been lucky to pay attention to them. What is this all about?!?!?!?!
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    hmmm, don't know. good thing you keep checking the packages though. i eat the same cereal bars every morning and it never occurred to me to check that the nutritional info hasn't changed! time to look in my drawer...
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that also. II almost always try to verify the ingredients when I am eating something and logging it here for the first time.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    hooo . thanks for the heads up... i will survey as well to see if anything sneaked up
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    well my son works at a local supermarket and he said alot of different companies are making smaller portions and packages so consumers don't see a price increase on alot of the products. I don't know what these are or if any of the items you area talking about are included. This might or might not be the case here but at any rate something to think about. I think it sucks but... anyway wishing u much success
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    well my son works at a local supermarket and he said alot of different companies are making smaller portions and packages so consumers don't see a price increase on alot of the products. I don't know what these are or if any of the items you area talking about are included. This might or might not be the case here but at any rate something to think about. I think it sucks but... anyway wishing u much success

That surely makes sense seeing as how prices of everything are going through the roof and we're all freaking out about it.... but it's still a little ridiculous! LoL Thanks for the input... never thought of it that way.