finally got a wii fit!

Options
my wonderful hubby gave it to me for our anniversary.:heart:

i was only able to try it once, but i'm super excited to stick with it. the hula hoop game was really fun, and so was the jogging. i hate jogging, and yet following a little cartoon guy makes it more interesting :laugh:

have other wii fit owners made progress on their age? i'm acutally 29 but my age was something like 42! yikes...

Replies

• emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    my wonderful hubby gave it to me for our anniversary.:heart:

i was only able to try it once, but i'm super excited to stick with it. the hula hoop game was really fun, and so was the jogging. i hate jogging, and yet following a little cartoon guy makes it more interesting :laugh:

have other wii fit owners made progress on their age? i'm acutally 29 but my age was something like 42! yikes...
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Yay! It really is a lot of fun!

I noticed that my age waivers back and forth but is still always younger than my actual age. Thank goodness.
  • enigmakey
    enigmakey Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow! Please tell me more. My husband said something about this. Said he'd get it for me. Is it the one where you weigh in and also do the characters ask you where you've been if you didn't do your workout that day. That's what he said. Thanks
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    ooohhh!! lucky you i really want one of those, i have a friend who has one and i did once and had a blast. let us know how u post calories burned on that if u would i think it would be interesting to see how effective it is. congrats on your anniversary and your new fitness toy :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have one and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have opened all the games already. My wii fit age varies also but it is always younger as well. I think the youngest it's been 12 yrs younger than what I am!!! I am 44. It only depends on your scores from the body test and your weight. It does not base it on how well you do on the games. I love all the balance games. I wish I had more time to do it daily. When I do it just for exercise I wear my HRM but I usually do it for fun and to do something extra besides my regular exercise routine. I cant wait to see what Jillian Michaels is coming out with for the wii fit.:flowerforyou:
  • emtink
    Options
    Wow! Please tell me more. My husband said something about this. Said he'd get it for me. Is it the one where you weigh in and also do the characters ask you where you've been if you didn't do your workout that day. That's what he said. Thanks

i only tried it once, so i don't know if it will ask me where i was:laugh:

its a board that you stand on, and it has different games you play, also yoga poses. they are really hard to find, so i was surprised when he pulled it out! he said he was in target one day and they had one, so he bought it. i have no idea how long it was in the house and i had no clue!:noway: hubby is as excellent gift giver!

everyone seems to think its really fun. i have a hard time exercising at home, so anything that gets me off the coach is good.
  • emtink
    Options

I noticed that my age waivers back and forth but is still always younger than my actual age. Thank goodness.

geez, should i be appalled then that my fitness age is so high!?! i thought i was doing pretty good...
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    Wii Fit is so much fun and really good motivation. I love the aerobics - Free Step (which you probably haven't unlocked if you just got it) is awesome to do while I'm watching Dr. Phil - I get so engrossed in the show that I forget I'm exercising! And it burns a good amount of calories, too. :happy: You won't regret this purchase, trust me!

ETA: My age started out in the mid-20's (I'm 18 - yikes!), but more often than not it places me between 18-20 now, yay for progress! It really does do good things for posture and balance.
  • enigmakey
    Options

i only tried it once, so i don't know if it will ask me where i was:laugh:

its a board that you stand on, and it has different games you play, also yoga poses. they are really hard to find, so i was surprised when he pulled it out! he said he was in target one day and they had one, so he bought it. i have no idea how long it was in the house and i had no clue!:noway: hubby is as excellent gift giver!

everyone seems to think its really fun. i have a hard time exercising at home, so anything that gets me off the coach is good.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options

geez, should i be appalled then that my fitness age is so high!?! i thought i was doing pretty good...

Oh heavens no! LOL The FIRST time I did it (before I understood how it worked) my age was 5 years higher.:laugh:
  • enigmakey
    Options
    Aug... I always push the wrong buttons. May be the wine. :drinker: Yes, I'm tracking the calories.
    So getting one. When I find one. Thanks for the input Emtink.
  • brigittelouise
    Options
    i found the scales are pretty accurate aswell
    very similar to my gym ones only varying by 100 grams if anything
    has anyone found the same thing?