Looking for best time to eat/work out

sweetdosia
sweetdosia Posts: 28
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm currently a stay-at-home mom. My fiance works from 7am-5:30pm. Usually home at 5:45pm.
If I go to the gym when he gets home (say 6:00), what time should I be eating dinner? I don't want to cramp up at the gym. And can I eat when I get home (7:30-8pm)? I don't want to eat at 4pm and then not eat till breakfast the next morning. But I hear that you shouldn't eat 2 hours before bed. I'm usually in bed around 10pm.

Thanks for the help.

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    You've got to see what works for you. Does your gym have child care that would allow you to just go during the day so you don't have to plan your meals around working out? However, I think it's ok if you just wait to eat until you get home from the gym. You don't want to eat a big dinner before you work out anyway. I would recommend eating a healthy snack before you work out and then a light dinner when you get home!
  • rhondaredhead
    rhondaredhead Posts: 135 Member
    When I was in a fitness bootcamp, the trainer told us to eat something like a banana within an hour after working out—it replenishes the good sugars in your body and your metabolism is up so your body can break it down quickly. As far as eating before, I've found that it's best for me to wait 1 1/2 to 2 hours after eating before running—and what I eat can affect my strength and endurance (veggies, like baby spinach, and fruit are best for me). But I think it depends on what you're doing and how your own body responds. I'd experiment a little and pay attention to what/when you eat, how good you feel during your workout, etc., and find what works for you.
This discussion has been closed.