Things I can not keep in the pantry....

Options
These things make me want to eat them ALL, so I can't buy them anymore......(until I get more self control!!)

*Nature Valley Almond & Yogurt bars......only 160 cals.....but there is 6 in a box and I will eat them all!!!
*Sugar Free Fudge.....not bad calorie wise, but I will eat the whole pan!!!
*Anything else chocolately or icingly sweet that is not just a single serving size, because I will be over taken by temptation to eat them all!!!!

What can't you keep in your pantry?? Or is this only me??:tongue:

Replies

• girldeese
    Options
    These things make me want to eat them ALL, so I can't buy them anymore......(until I get more self control!!)

*Nature Valley Almond & Yogurt bars......only 160 cals.....but there is 6 in a box and I will eat them all!!!
    *Anything else chocolately or icingly sweet that is not just a single serving size, because I will be over taken by temptation to eat them all!!!!

• krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    cheetos puffs, croutons, packaged lunch meat. I crave sodium filled foods and can down them.
  • kirstenkohn
    Options
    For me it's m&m's!!! they look so harmless and little, but they are terrible, and addictive for me!!!:tongue:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Chocolate.

'Nuff said.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Farmer's Market Swiss Trail Mix

500 calories/per glance but sooooooo worth it. :tongue:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter. I can't come even close to controling the portion.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    All of the above! :laugh:
    Plus carby foods, comfort foods...yeah. I pretty much don't eat. :laugh:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    cheese balls, popcorn (gotta be loaded with butter), single malt scotch (gawd I abso luv the stuff, but it's pretty expensive to easy to ignore).
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    mint chocolate chip ice cream is not safe in my freezer....and neither are lime tostitos in my cabinet!

chocolate knows not to enter the house....its da law!:noway: :glasses:
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Twizzlers, Red Vines, or Skittles - I can eat an entire package of any one of these within 48 hours :huh:

Oh...and gummy bears too :bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookies.............well more the dough! (homemade of course)

I have a lot of self-control and willpower.....but it's like something takes over my body completely when chocolate chip cookie dough is within reach!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    All of the above! :laugh:
    Plus carby foods, comfort foods...yeah. I pretty much don't eat. :laugh:

:laugh: are we twins?

I can't bring anything "treaty" into my house in anything bigger than a single serving size. I will go to my grave in awe of people who can bring a half-gallon of ice cream into their house, portion out a serving and put the rest back in the freezer. In my world, if it's a package, it's "one serving". . .be it a cup, a half pint, a 5 gallon tub. . .

I do have the ability to portion my broccoli.:wink:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Oh it's definitely not just you. I can't keep those fat free Devil's Food snack cookies in my pantry. I'll gobble those things up in no time. I don't even buy those to keep at work. :noway:
  • arjames82
    Options
    For me it's m&m's!!! they look so harmless and little, but they are terrible, and addictive for me!!!:tongue:

Ditto! Especially peanut m&m's. I also have a problem walking past them in the checkout like at the grocery store.
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Chocolate - any of them with nuts (love peanut M & M's). Oh - and those peanut butter filled pretzel bites. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.... 1947_eating_popcorn_and_drinking_beer.gif
  • kirstenkohn
    Options
    okay I had said m&m's but that isn't as bad as my other addiciton DR.PEPPER no no not diet the real stuff!!! I have been off carbonated soda's for a month now!!! So actually i'm pretty proud:laugh: :laugh:
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    anything that tastes good. :blushing:
  • amberrobinson1
    Options
    My weakness is meat, especially pork. I can't cook it for my kids because I will eat 10x the amount that I tell myself I am. Today at the store my 4 yr old wanted a pan of brownies and I had to tell her no. I looked at them and smelled them and I knew that I would eat them all.

91581.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Any kind of sugar cereal...especially Reeses Puffs!!! I can eat an entire box!!! Any high carb snack, granola bars, nutri grain bars, because i will eat the box, not just one!
  • eer205
    Options

So, who knew we were the same person?! Not me!! These are EXACTLY the things that my fiance loves and that I try to avoid like the plague. I love those nature valley almond bars. omg. and sugar free fudge . . . don't get me started. :):)
    We'll do it though! Luckily, we have a door on the pantry, so I just tell myself it is off limits. It is a double sliding door, so I put my cooking stuff on one side and his snacks (oreos, gushers, reeses cups, chips, goodness, numminess, etc.) all on the other side and I don't even let myself open that side of the door. But, man, there are days . . . oh there are days. I'll be cooking dinner and it's like the fudge icing actually has a voice that is calling " eeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrin . .. oh eeeerrrinnnnn. I'm so lonely!"
    hahah. :):)