NSV: Pants on the Ground!

suzooz
suzooz Posts: 720 Member
edited September 27 in Success Stories
OK -- not exactly. I heard the song at my nieces' dance recital this weekend, and thought "how appropriate!" I had had a really hard time finding nice pants to wear for the event. I ended up wearing heels, since my pant legs were brushing the floor.

I have been WAITING for this day for so long -- I had promised myself that when the time came, that I would give my "fat" clothes away to charity, and celebrate with new ones that make my new body look fabulous.

But now that that day is here and I have cleaned my closet, separating the "fat" clothes from the "well I can probably wear these a few more weeks", I am dreading going to the mall. I think I will be in this size for a while -- it took me 25 pounds and months to shrink to a new size, so I don't mind spending the money. But a couple of weeks ago, I started to see myself once again as "fat," and I am dreading the dressing room. Why couldn't this have happened on a day that I was actually feeling "skinny" (and that has happened before.

Anyone else had this happen?

Replies

• BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    In my adult life I have gone from 160 to 265 lbs and back (a few times). No matter what my weight I see fat when I look in the mirror. One way I can better appreciate when I am on the low side is to look at before and after pics. Also pics help me get my butt in gear when I am on the high side.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,324 Member
    Yes i have times when i feel really good, then
    the fat girl resurfaces and i feel big and discouraged.
    not sure how to deal with it either
  • suzooz
    Thanks everyone for your support.

I was really dreading the dressing room today, but the first suit that I tried on looked FABULOUS! Typically, I wear pants and would not have even tried on shift and matching jacket, but it was on sale and the jacket was so cute, I thought it was worth the price just for the jacket. Well, I tried on both and they looked great! I could finally see that my hard work is paying off.

Not all of the clothes worked today (I think I am a size 13) but I was able to find some pants. I will need to hem them but that's it.

Thanks again for your support!
  • I had a wedding a few weeks ago and planned to wear a certain skirt. It was, um, interesting when I put the skirt on and it worked its way off my hips. I had to scramble with straps, etc. because I really didn't have anything else suitable to wear - and there was no time to get anything else. As we were doing the wedding, I kept waiting for my skirt to fall off. Oh - did I mention that "I" was the one performing the ceremony? ;)
  • suzooz
    I had a wedding a few weeks ago and planned to wear a certain skirt. It was, um, interesting when I put the skirt on and it worked its way off my hips. I had to scramble with straps, etc. because I really didn't have anything else suitable to wear - and there was no time to get anything else. As we were doing the wedding, I kept waiting for my skirt to fall off. Oh - did I mention that "I" was the one performing the ceremony? ;)

It's really a shame that suspenders are so out of style! :laugh:

Years ago, I stood up for a friend's wedding, and dropped a shoe right in front of the priest at the rehearsal dinner. They kept calling me "Cinderella" the rest of the evening. When I started to have problems with the wedding shoes the next day, we ended up duct taping them to my feet. Guess what? They stayed on!

I can't imagine losing the skirt in the middle of the I do's. Did you retire it?

• Years ago, I stood up for a friend's wedding, and dropped a shoe right in front of the priest at the rehearsal dinner. They kept calling me "Cinderella" the rest of the evening. When I started to have problems with the wedding shoes the next day, we ended up duct taping them to my feet. Guess what? They stayed on!

I can't imagine losing the skirt in the middle of the I do's. Did you retire it?

Lol. It hasn't been "officially" retired. I plan on giving it to a friend because I think she would appreciate it. I LOVE this skirt, but don't ever want to be worried about something like THAT again. ;)
  • suzooz
    I'm glad that you're giving it to a friend. I am having a really hard time letting go of my old clothes this time. I don't usually have a problem with donating and getting new. I guess it's more emotional this time!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!