suggestions for healthy low-calorie summertime drinks

DapperDano
DapperDano Posts: 5
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
I can't stomach artificially sweetened drinks, and I probably wouldn't want to ingest those chemicals even if I could.
I like unsweetened iced tea, with just a little honey. I also mix 50% Snapple Green Tea with 50% seltzer, which is 60 calories per 16 oz.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Dan

Replies

• light strawberry margarita mix 3 bucks at walmart
    strawberrys
    ice
    mix it all up...virgin margarita delicious for summer time!
  • PokenStick
    PokenStick Posts: 204
    water
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Water with lemon and/or lime, Special K kiwi strawberry or pink lemonade protein water drinks (they are mixes like Crystal Light with only 30 cals and 5g of protein), or iced unsweetened tea.
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    water, water with lemon, sparkling water, Italian soda, half sparklking water/half juice, water with lime, water with slices of cucumber, cold tea (herbal is best), warm tea (herbal is best).
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    puree Watermelon and freeze in ice trays add to water for lite fruity drink. Lemon and lime in water, use fresh lemons and limes, they will keep your water fresh all day. I'm also trying to think of other fruits that could be pureed and frozen. Any ideas?
  • windybaer
    windybaer Posts: 47 Member
    my wife saves the remainder from the coffee pot into a small pitcher and adds a teaspoon of clover honey while the coffee is still warm. It set in the fridge until later, when I use half of it (variable as a flavoring for my chilled filtered water) which is also mixed with diet tonic water enough to give it some carbonation. No ice. Works for me, And I can have seconds.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Water, Tea, Fuze Slenderize, Mio but mostly just WATER!
This discussion has been closed.