Another question for runners...

Options
Yesterday was my first day of week one couch to 5k. Today my legs are a little sore. Not too bad, but I feel it from my ankles right up to my thighs. My question is this, should I do day 2 tomorrow, or wait until I am no longer sore?

Thanks for any help!

Replies

• stephlake
    stephlake Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You're only suppose to do C25K 3x a week according to the program so if you are just beginning I would prolly stretch it out to every other day.. but you should consider at least walk today to stop from getting stiff and help you through the soreness.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    c25k is a 3 day a week program so go ahead and take the day off. Make sure if you are running to streach after each run also. That will take some of the sorness away.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    it's designed to have rest days - especially if you're not used to running

if you want to do some exercise, do something different - a walk, or a swim or something
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    c25k is a 3 day a week program so go ahead and take the day off. Make sure if you are running to streach after each run also. That will take some of the sorness away.

I second this - I did week 5 day 3 on friday, and my back is very sore from tightness in my leg muscles
  • tinareet
    tinareet Posts: 126
    Options
    to begin with rest in between each run, and make sure you stretch after you run. I think eventually you can build up to every day, but if your legs feel tight its not worth risking it as if you run through the pain it could lead to shin splints. maybe do a walk on your rest days if you really wana get some exercise in :)
    Good Luck with the C25K!!!
    Xx