894 calories remaining and not hungry!

Options
Basically what the title says, on here it says I have 894 calories remaining, but I had a massive roast dinner earlier, plus a low fat chocolate dessert thingy and I'm stuffed! I don't think I could eat any more, plus it's late now - 8:45pm here. Anyone have any advice for this situation? Will it affect my weight loss if I don't eat the remaining calories? It sounds like I've hardly eaten but I really have eaten loads!

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I'd say you should be fine,just don't make a habit of it.Starvation mode wont happen overnight.
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine who has lost over 50 lbs on MFP so far recommends drinking orange juice or something like that to make up the calories.
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine who has lost over 50 lbs on MFP so far recommends drinking orange juice or something like that to make up the calories.
  • kymmixxx
    kymmixxx Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    im in the same boat but trying not to think about it too much. On average days i eat little and often so im usually right on target. im sure a one off isnt going to hurt i just wouldnt make it a everyday thing or if youre like me my body will start adding lbs on anyway :(
  • glenna221
    glenna221 Posts: 46
    Options
    Dont' worry about it today, but beware tomorrow - you might be hungier than normal. You must have had a good workout today! Sometimes on my days when I run longer I have 400-600 cals left at the end of the day. I find that the next day I'm really hungry so I try to keep healthy things in close reach.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I don't eat all my calories everyday. Sometimes I'm under, sometimes I'm a little over. I think it's good to keep your body guessing sometimes! At least that is what's helping me lose weight. Everybody is different though.

However, almost 900 calories left is a lot. Why don't you give yourself 30 mins or so and then have some nuts? They are calorie dense but super healthy.
  • michelle2566
    Options
    I have 924 left but thats from exercise which I dont use. Its not good to under eat every day but as a one off it will be ok....
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    A couple of tablespoons of peanut butter would help
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    drink your calories...have a glass of chocolate milk or juice...hell treat yourself to a soy chai latte lol
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    What about calories from drinks? I saw someone mention orange juice, that is a really good idea.

If you absolutely cannot make up the calories tonight, then don't worry too much about it. Just make sure tomorrow you get in all of your calories. I don't think it can/will affect your weight loss if you do this for one night so maybe just try and plan out a meal for tomorrow ahead of time if you can, that way, you can spread your food out throughout the day and try to hit your calorie goal.
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies :)

Unfortunately I don't have nuts or anything like that, I don't have much food in at the moment until I get paid on Wednesday sop I've just been eating what I have in and trying to exercise it off! Finding it really hard to stay motivated though :(
  • sallycheese
    sallycheese Posts: 33
    Options
    i'll have them ;)
    i'm blooming starving today and craving chocolate which isn't good at all, going to have a brew,some toast and get to bed before i eat my own body weight in crap