Team Villain week 2 True Blood Challenge

Options
Hey guys it's the start of week 2 so I figured we should start a new topic.

I am hoping you all had a lovely memorial day weekend and were pleased with your weigh ins for today!

I wanted to say that I really liked inshapeCK's plan of setting three goals for herself for the week and thought maybe some of us could apply this tactic! My goals for this week are to remain within calorie range every day this week, continue rocking the c25k until friday) and then this weekend to try and stay active even though I will be on a boat the whole time!

Anyone else have any new recipes/workouts/tips/things to add? Keep going strong team, I know all of us are extremely capable of winning this challenge!

Replies

• unaffected
    unaffected Posts: 154
    Options
    **checking in so I can easily find the thread!**
  • jen_bersabal
    Options
    @unaffected, would you rather me check in via message or just here on the thread? I sent you a message but I wasn't sure if that was what we should do...
  • MissMegan3119
    MissMegan3119 Posts: 110
    Options
    Also checking in to keep track of the thread. Good luck!
  • MrsVagus
    MrsVagus Posts: 82
    Options
    Here's to another good week! At least there's not a holiday to make it that much tougher.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    Thanks mrtentaclenun for saying that you liked my plan of setting up 3 goals for myself for the week. It was encouraging for me to hear that.

I am mostly sticking with the same 3 goals this week as last week was the first week I accomplished all 3 of them consistently.

Goal 1: Stay under my calories 6 out of 7 days of the week. This week I managed to stay under my calories all 7 days which I would like to do again so I will aim for 7 but I will not beat myself up if I achieve 6 days being under calories.

Goal 2: Exercise 180 minutes a week (30 minutes, 6 days a week). Exceeded that goal as well this week and would be happy if I could do at least 200 minutes this week.

Goal 3: Drink 6 glasses of water a day. Already know I wasn't able to achieve that today as I didn't get home until after 9pm so i drank 1 glass of water but still needed to drink 2 more but didn't want to drink them before going with my bed as my insides usually punish me when I do that but maybe I can squeeze those 2 glasses in another day this week and drink 7 glasses of water 2 days this week if my insides will put up with the increase. I have no issue drinking water but my body is still adjusting.

Extra challenge: just joined a challenge that started today and lasts a week and has me eating breakfast every day which I can accomplish and has me doing 30 crunches each day of the week for a total of 210 crunches. This one is going to kill me as I have difficulty doing even 5 - 10 crunches. So, it will be a good challenge for me!
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Great idea with the goals....
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Going to bed now, had a loooong weekend.
  • girlofsun26
    girlofsun26 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA!! I've been moving family all weekend so tomorrow I'm back!! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My goal is get back into the swing of things this week. I had a small gain from the weekend that I hope will disappear with activity and increased water consumption. Sorry team! :frown:

I am back on track today! Tonight I am meeting with my trainer and will hopefully run/walk for at least 30 minutes.
  • Claudia007
    Options
    Thank you for starting our week two thread mrtentaclenun!! I've been out of town since Friday and I am SO happy to be home! I hope everyone enoyed their weekend because now it's time to kick some *kitten*!! We are team VILLIAN so let's show them all how bad-*kitten* we all are!!!! "v""V'
    :devil:
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    my goal this week is to GET ACTIVE!! I really want to start my C25K program!!
  • searbear1980
    searbear1980 Posts: 110
    Options
    This weeks goal for me is more water and to exercise 6 days this week! I hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • Claudia007
    Options
    OK Team Villain, weight chart was posted and we are DEAD LAST!!! C'mon guys, we really need to PUSH HARD this week (and every week, for that matter!) Let's get out of last place and show 'em what we've got!!!!!

GO TEAM VILLAIN!!!! 'V""V' :devil:
  • unaffected
    Options
    I'm going to bust my butt this week! I was doing so well until I went out of town. I won't have to worry about that again for a while, though.

GO VILLAINS!!!!! :devil:
  • MissMegan3119
    Options
    I also am going to bust my butt this week! It's that special time of month, so I'm retaining a decent amount of water. Hopefully next weigh in will be better.
  • inshapeCK
    Options
    I agree it is a bummer and a disappointment that we came in last place. I did work extremely hard last week and I thought we would do well and I thought I might even have a shot at being the "biggest loser" but we came in last and that is that. Can I blame it on the fact that a couple teams have an extra team member on them! ;)

As for pushing hard this week, I don't know how much harder I can push this week. I lost 3 pounds last week and was even down a 4th pound on Saturday but the fourth pound didn't stay off. I don't think I have ever lost 3 pounds in one week so I am very happy with what I accomplished. I will continue to work hard this week but don't expect another 3 pound loss, especially since tom started late last night and in my case, with that comes endometriosis and 2 medications so I will do my best and just take each day as it comes to see how I feel. Not giving up! Too much at stake! ;)

Come on teamies!!!!!! It's our turn!

"Little choices add up to big benefits."
    From "Simple Living for Women"
  • unaffected
    Options
    Hi Team Villain!

Just wanted to mention a couple things. First, next time you guys start a team thread, will you please put *CLOSED GROUP* in the title? I don't want you guys to be inundated with requests to join. You might even want to put in the very first post something about it being a closed group, and that if you would like to be put on the waiting list, to contact me. :wink:

Next, I wanted to post an updated roster! I have added at least one more person since I last posted the roster. Be sure you have all of the members on your friends list! The newest additions are at the bottom of the list:

CdnJenny5
    claudia007
    dctyler
    divades
    eclaire9
    girlofsun26
    inshapeCK
    jen_berbasal
    julesandrich
    kaciwood19
    maki040403
    megananderson3119
    MrsVagus
    msartishia
    searbear1980
    toxoplasmagondi
    unaffected
    jennybass
    mrtentaclenun
    USC_SKH
    ReggaeNurse

Great job this week! Keep it up! :drinker:
  • unaffected
    Options
    Also...

I wanted to add that the teams are currently even! They each have the same amount of members. However, if a couple people don't weigh-in, that might throw it off. So lets encourage everyone to be sure they message me their weight! :)

I know we will do better this week!!
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    now it's time to stop saying i'm going to get out to start my c25k and actually START IT!!!!! I won't let you guys down this week!! Go Villains!!!
  • inshapeCK
    Options
    unaffected: So I can no longer use the excuse that we came in last last week because 2 of the teams that beat us had 21 team members when we only had 20 last week?!?! ;)
    Let's get losing weight then! :)

I am proud of myself for losing the biggest percentage of weight on our team last week but someone else can take the lead this week as I can't hold onto that accomplishment for a 2nd week in a row as I am dealing with endometriosis this week, however, I have still stayed under my calories, done some exercise, and worked to drink water. Who is going to step up and be the "top loser" for our team this week?! I know somebody on our team has already lost the weight she gained on the long weekend and lost some more weight on top of that so I nominate that person! ;)

Have a great week everyone!

May the best team win! THAT'S US OF COURSE!!!!!

"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial."
    (1 Corinthians 10:23)