Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhh!

Options
I HAVE LOST 20 POUNDS AND NO ONE HAS EVEN NOTICED!!!

Not even my boyfriend has said anything. And if I had put pictures on here, all I would have gotten was you look great, even if I didn't.

That is all.

Thank you for letting me vent.

Replies

• AniSlim
    AniSlim Posts: 8
    Options
    that's ok, my husband did not say anything either........ but I got pissed so told him that he has not said anything, so now every week when I weigh in I tell him how much I have lost, he says good job and how proud he is !! MEN are MEN !!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt worry about it, my bf doesnt know the difference between gold and silver eye shadow and there completely different colours... So they definately dont realise stuff like weight loss.
    They notice when things get bigger.. like boobs.
    But they dont realise wen things get smaller..
  • Dider
    Dider Posts: 3
    Options
    Well, that is an awesome achievement anyway! Way to go!
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    Be patient. It takes time for others to take notice.
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Nobody said a word to me until I had lost 40 pounds! Now everybody thinks I some kind of expert. sheesh!
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Well I'm sure you DO look great, and if it is any consolation, most men don't recognize anything about us, lol. I once cut my long hair shoulder length and got light highlights in my dark brown hair and my own brother didn't notice when I was still living at home!! Twenty pounds is an amazing accomplishment and you have worked hard to get to where you are! Don't let anyone's opinions (or lack of!!) get you down on yourself. Congratulations on your loss!
  • thibautseeker
    thibautseeker Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Could it be that other people might be jealous that you have lost all this week and aren't commenting because they don't want to admit how good you are looking?
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    people who are around you contently are less likely to notice a difference then someone who hasn't seen you in a while. The reason is because they get use to every change and its not a drastic thing. Don't worry about it too much i'm sure you've made a big difference.
  • morningjog
    morningjog Posts: 8
    Options
    Some responders need to reread what the author wrote: No one has noticed, male or female.

And now my reply:
    Have you been changing clothes, using smaller size clothes? 20 pounds really isn't very noticeable. I have lost about ten and after another ten, I will be surprised if anyone notices.

Congratulations on becoming more fit!
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel. i have lost 19lbs and when i told someone they said oh have you i cant tell. charming.
    maybe your boyfriend has noticed but doesnt want to say anything in case he upsets you. i know that sounds weird but maybe he thinks if he says something you will say oh so you think i need to lose weight and be offended.
    keep positive people may not comment but you know you have lost it.
  • marlabelle
    marlabelle Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! I am sorry you are feeling frustrated. Soon people will notice so keep focused on your goal! btw - My husband doesn't say much about my weight loss either. Men can be ridiculous.
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing loose fitting clothing. If I'm wearing bigger clothes nobody notices at all, but I put on a tighter fitting shirt and all of a sudden my mom thinks I've lost a ton of weight. Also, some people won't comment because they don't want to sound mean or rude commenting on someone's weight. We met with a friend we hadn't seen in awhile and later in the day my husband mentioned a workout program I'm doing and only then did the friend say "Yeah I noticed you looked really good when I saw you, but didn't want to say anything"
  • Nickole71
    Nickole71 Posts: 6
    Options
    When i lost weight the people I saw every day didnt notice...... it was the people who rarely saw me that said "You 've lost weight". Sometimes if you lose it evenly its harder to see. Sometimes Im afraid to say something to people because some people find it offensive. My husband over Compliments me and its annoying to me.... he always says "you look like you're losing" Get on the scale and Im up 5lbs!!!

The point is .... Can YOU tell you've lost weight? The heck with everyone else!!! Hang in there!!! 20lbs is great!! Keep it up!!!
  • louell33
    louell33 Posts: 85
    Options
    I know where your coming from, I have lost 19.5 lbs and I have been told , my complexion is better????? Well if i wanted a better bloody complexion, I just would have popped a face mask on for 5 sodding minutes, rather than exercise and diet for the past 2.5 months!
  • Nickole71
    Nickole71 Posts: 6
    Options
    Good point about the clothes..... if you're wearing the same clothes, even if they fit loser, people are less likely to notice.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    It's frustrating, but we are talking a guy here :) My husband took 6 months to notice that I painted the living room -from White to Gold - and only then did someone tell him. Don't take it personally. Sometimes you have to point it out to people... Like "I need to go buy a new pair of jeans, because I've lost enough weight, these are small".

I'm one of those people who never notice weight loss or gain - on anyone unless they lose 100s of lbs. I think it's because I look at them more as a person, than a body, so I don't judge those close to me like that. Maybe you just have such a super dynamic about you that people don't notice because they like to no matter what?

Hang in there!
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I would say...who are you losing weight for, you or someone else. You noticing is what counts. Don't get frustrated.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I have lost almost 40lbs and I don't see a difference (unless I look at before/current pics). Also it takes longer for people to notice who see you regularly. Even though I have lost almost 40lbs, the people who notice are almost always people who haven't seen me in a while.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I just went to a BBQ this weekend with family I hadn't seen since Christmas, and figured at least one of them would say something (we tend to be a little open and honest with our comments in our family, we don't tend to ***** foot around someone's feelings) And its not so much that I am losing weight for them to notice, cause I'm not. I AM LOSING WEIGHT FOR ME. I can see a difference, I was just hoping I wasn't the only one.
  • morningjog
    morningjog Posts: 8
    Options
    But has your family EVER noticed weight loss in anyone else in the family? Were you wearing the same clothes as before you lost the weight? I will be VERY surprised if anyone notices my 20 lb weight loss which I expect to achieve this summer.