Running Shorts?

Options
So I've started playing Ultimate Frisbee again now that the weather's warm! Last year I just wore Yoga pants the whole time and I was hiking up my pants and pulling down the thigh section every 30 seconds while running around! I'm not the sporty type so I have no idea what kind of shorts I need.

Can anybody recommend a good type of short for running in the heat? That won't fall down around my waist and won't ride up in the inner thigh? I was going to get some spandex but they're a little.. revealing just wearing spandex! Maybe under a good pair of shorts? I really have no idea what I need!

Any suggestions?

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I got a pair from target last year that were OK. They have panties in them, a pocket for a key or nano and dray string but they rode up and my belly roll rolled them down.

I would wear spandex under the shorts, then you have coverage and support.
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE fan of Lululemon.....They're pricey, but they last forever, and they're amazing!
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I wear spandex under my shorts because of chaffing :)
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Nike field shorts are nice. A good length and not uber revealing :)
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Nike Tempos
    They're super popular for a reason - because they're awesome! The material dries quickly, they have built-in underwear, and they come in every color you can imagine. They also have longer inseams available if you find the regular length too short.
    The Nike website always has a bunch of colors on clearance if you don't want to pay the full price (they are a little more expensive than most brands), or there are Nike outlets everywhere that always have a good selection
  • AngGermany
    AngGermany Posts: 2
    Options
    I like the Nike LiveStrong shorts....they fall mid thigh and don't ride up when running....basketball style material is nice and lightweight....
    good luck:smile: