"Hungry Girl" Baked Kale Chips

Options
JoannieJenkins
JoannieJenkins Posts: 19 Member
OMG!!! We saw this on TV yesterday and had to try it. It takes 10 minutes from getting your butt off the couch to when it's done, and it's SO GOOD!! Awesome substitute for muncher/grazers like me. Caution: go very light on the salt. I'm a salt person and even the little I put on was way too much. THANKS HUNGRY GIRL!!!! :flowerforyou:

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 64 calories, 1g fat, 212mg sodium, 13g carbs, 2.5g fiber, 0g sugars, 4.25g protein -- PointsPlus® value 0*

http://www.hungry-girl.com/show/surprises-shockers-and-swaps-baked-kale-recipe

Replies

• lynndu
    lynndu Posts: 8
    Options
    bump!! :happy:
  • littlecaponey2
    littlecaponey2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Bump!!! Never had Kale, but I will look at it and try it :)
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I was wondering what to do with the extra Kale I end up with.
  • NenaM812
    NenaM812 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've been so tempted to try this recipe! I use kale in my homemade Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana soup, but it only calls for like a hand full, so I end up having to freeze the rest. I might have to try this!
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    thanks Joannie! I'll try this :flowerforyou:

Becca:smooched:
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    I've been so tempted to try this recipe! I use kale in my homemade Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana soup, but it only calls for like a hand full, so I end up having to freeze the rest. I might have to try this!
    omg ive been looking for a recipe for this! would you mind sharing >.>
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting that. I just found some Kaia kale chips in the health food section of my grocery store yesterday and was amazed. Had never heard of them until yesterday.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    thanks! Tasty, I'll give them a try :tongue:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Is this something you need to eat right away, or do they keep for a while?
  • Paulala
    Paulala Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks! I am going to try this!!!!
  • stylishgirl
    stylishgirl Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I LOVE kale chips! I usually just use the broiler so i don't have to preheat the oven, and you can use all kinds of different seasonings on these to make them different flavors. I use a chile lime flavor/ bbq spice/ taco seasoning/ balsamic vinegar toss/ curry powder/ black pepper. they're all good, whatever you like. Just watch them closely they go from perfect to burnt in like 30 seconds.
  • stylishgirl
    stylishgirl Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    they get soggy after they've sat for awhile, so if you're craving the crunch you usually want to eat them straight off. but they still taste good once they've gone soft.
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bumppp
  • jessica091303
    jessica091303 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've actually had Kale sitting in my fridge waiting...
  • _ylime_
    _ylime_ Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    bump. yum. thanks!
  • Eireann15
    Eireann15 Posts: 124
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!! My weakness is for chips, and other crunchy, salty snacks! I always have a ton of kale in my fridge (for juicing and whatnot), and I am definitely going to try this!! Thank you!
  • WatchMomRun
    Options
    I saw her make these on her show and I saw them in her book, which i LOVE!! I've never made them though, because I couldn't imagine I'd like them. But you've inspired me to. Thanks for the post
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! We saw this on TV yesterday and had to try it. It takes 10 minutes from getting your butt off the couch to when it's done, and it's SO GOOD!! Awesome substitute for muncher/grazers like me. Caution: go very light on the salt. I'm a salt person and even the little I put on was way too much. THANKS HUNGRY GIRL!!!! :flowerforyou:

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 64 calories, 1g fat, 212mg sodium, 13g carbs, 2.5g fiber, 0g sugars, 4.25g protein -- PointsPlus® value 0*

I like to use popcorn salt on stuff like this. I use a very light dusting and it is not overbearing.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options

You can make fresh spinach the same way. I use a garlic salt/pepper mix (very little salt) andboth come out very tastee!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    they get soggy after they've sat for awhile, so if you're craving the crunch you usually want to eat them straight off. but they still taste good once they've gone soft.

Hummm really? I baked them for 10 minutes and used a little olive oil. I finished them the next day and they was just as crunchy. I microwaved them for 15 sec.