Surgery Cancelled. So Peeved Off!

Options
So, i've been waiting 2 months for my surgery date, and they called today to tell me it was cancelled. i took 2 weeks off for the event and recovery, and now they don't know when they will be able to get me in. i was so mad that i started crying at work, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrowl~!

they can only give me 1-2 days notice for the event, so it will be last minute for my employers. they are good about it, but i'm sure it's still annoying. so mad because i have been stressing over it for weeks, and it's still not resolved yet. f&&^#$^^%@%!!!

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    So, i've been waiting 2 months for my surgery date, and they called today to tell me it was cancelled. i took 2 weeks off for the event and recovery, and now they don't know when they will be able to get me in. i was so mad that i started crying at work, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrowl~!

they can only give me 1-2 days notice for the event, so it will be last minute for my employers. they are good about it, but i'm sure it's still annoying. so mad because i have been stressing over it for weeks, and it's still not resolved yet. f&&^#$^^%@%!!!
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    E~ Did they reschedule? Is this something that shouldn't wait? Now I'm worried.....
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    that's what i siad. the machine broke, and they dont know when it will be fixed. ****ing hospitals. and i live in canada where the healthcare is supposedly good lol
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    What is your surgery? I'll get you in my O.R. lol :wink:

Ugh, universal health care don't get me started. Free yes, good in emergencies yes, but anything remotely elective? It's like jumping through hoops and a year of waiting.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    That stinks! What a emotional roller coaster! :explode:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Yup. That stinks.
  • eer205
    Options

That is RIDICULOUS! I cannot believe they would do that! That is totally inappropriate. The machine broke?! GET ANOTHER MACHINE! And for you to have already taken the time off of work and everything. I'm sorry. Pls let us know how it turns out.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Isn't there another hospital they could send you to? I have no idea how it all work in Canada but here in the US, they could send you to another hospital.

I'm sorry to hear this, too. ARRGGHH. I hate hospitals. I know we need them and I know they try but sometimes........ I sat with my sister the other day for 6 hours while she waited for a defibrillator to be installed. They wouldn't let her have any food after breakfast and they didn't come to get her for the procedure until 6:00am that night! She called it "the hospital diet." She has more patience than I do, needless to say!