Need food advice...

Options
Hi...I am well on my way to my goal. I'm doing well, except for my lower belly, and my upper thighs. I can't seem to get the fat to move in those areas. I have asked some of the people in my Zumba class and they said that sugars and starchs contribute to the fat in those areas. I have switched to brown rice and wheat pastas, and I also eat 100% whole wheat tortillas as bread substitute. I have heard that there are certain foods that target belly fat and help reduce the fat in that area. Is there any truth to that...if there is, could you share a couple of them so I can begin to incorporate them into my diet (if I"m not already eating them). Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and help me out.

Replies

• Gennie_Alvarez
    Gennie_Alvarez Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know this is not food advice- but have you tried lifting weights? Or even Pilates.... It would help with tightening those areas. If you are already eating clean then maybe you need to bring your fitness to a higher level. Just a thought!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Well, there is a book called ABS DIET. I haven't read it. But somewhere on Amazon there is a reviewer who reviews the book who tells you what the acronym stands for - supposedly the best foods to eat for flatter abs. I don't remember all of them but some of them I do.

A - Almonds
    B- Beans
    S - Spinach

D - Don't remember (was it dairy - like skim milk and yogurt?)
    I - I believe it was cItrus, like oranges, or fIsh (I know fish is NOT a citrus but the "ih" sound in the I in both those foods is supposed to prompt your brain or something)
    E - eggs
    T- Turkey (or other lean meat)

Yes, starchy carbs have been proven to contribute to belly fat. HOWEVER, you can't spot reduce - I too am trying to get that last bit of belly to disappear and I'm less than 10 lbs from my goal! Eat very clean, lift heavy weights (muscle burns fat), drink lots of water and when your body fat% gets low enough, your abs will show up - and by default your thighs are gonna look awesome too. Ever seen a woman with six pack abs and fat thighs? I haven't either. :wink:
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    No, I'm sorry but it isn't true. Just keep plugging away on good diet and regular exercise.