Hate Holidays!!

Options
jvkh127
jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
Okay so I saved today to be a cheat day because I knew I was going to a BBQ. Now I feel sick to my stomach from eating things I don't normally eat. I don't even want to fill in my diary and see how bad it really is!!!!! Is it cheating if I just skip the diary today??????? lol

Replies

• scaatynj
    scaatynj Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I found an entry for 'too much food' and used that today. I hadn't planned on it and then got invited to a last minute Italian barbecue where the food never stops!

I'll be back on the straight and narrow tomorrow!
  • Kerriperkins
    Kerriperkins Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just do it.
    It will actually be better in the long run.
    If you count it, then its done. You've faced it and now you can move on.
  • judijl
    judijl Posts: 13
    Options
    Im with you....sick tummy after eating so many things I dont normally eat. I went over my calories by almost 400 today :o(
    Back on the wagon tomorrow.
  • Neujewel
    Neujewel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing.. I just look at it as one day.. as long as it's not every day, you'll be fine. And it's nice to let loose once in a while as a treat :)

and it's not cheating if u skip today.... but i always end up going back to fill it in, cuz i feel guilty :)
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone.....but I think I would of been happier not logging in my calories. Now I am depressed and ashamed of myself WAY TOO MANY calories today!!! but thanks anyway for the support.....
  • MaryKatU
    MaryKatU Posts: 146
    Options
    You are not alone. I've had way too many calories today too and feel horrible about it. I'm getting back on track tomorrow and will try to work out extra to help myself not feel so guilty about stuffing myself today.
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I had about 2-3 days of going over this weekend due to camping and not having my usual healthy foods. I logged it all as best as could remember. It isn't pretty, however I put a note at the bottom of the page mentioning it was camping and let it go. I have no intention to eat like that everyday and I am more than happy to get back to my routine today. I was even prepared for a gain today but it didn't happen. Live and learn and let it go. Work out a little harder the next few days to balance it out. and drink lots of water.

Don't feel guilty instead be proactive about how to handle a situation like that next time. Good Luck to You!
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    This was me on sunday, I thought I had gone about 500 - 600 over and imagine my shock when I logged it and was about 1200 over!
    I'm happy I logged it though, seeing how much I really ate will make it a whole lot less tempting next time!