I want to quit, but just not ready to

2»

Replies

• wnw64
    wnw64 Posts: 34 Member
    Hi There! I won't tell you something lame like "fight your cravings"... That's just bogus.... What I have been doing is just cutting down on the portions or just cutting down the parts that are really bad calorie wise. For instance, I really wanted a Rita's tonight. Instead of getting my typical gelati (which is water ice & ice cream), just go the water ice part. It satisfied me, I got my treat, but didn't sabotage my day (by leaving out the ice cream part). Yesterday, I was at a party & really wanted the "strawberry shortcake" for dessert. I went ahead & ate it, but I only took 1/2 of what I normally would have taken.

What was really frustrating for me in the past was that i felt i wasn't eat too badly, but was still gaining weight. MFP has been really helpful in allowing me to see where the excess calories are coming from. In some cases, it's actually allowed me to eat more without killing my diet. For example, I eat cheerios for breakfast on weekends. I was eating Cheerios Apple/Cinnamon thinking it was healthy/ When I tried to log it into MFP, I noticed a 3/4 cup of Cheerios A&C had almost twice the calories of a whole cup of Cheerios Cinnamon. Needless to say, I chucked the Cheerios A&C & kept the Cheerios Cinna.

There are no silver bullets, but by being aware of the calories, you can actually increase portions & still keep to your calorie goals which should help keep you better full & cut down on the cravings.

Hope my rantings helped :) !
This discussion has been closed.