Arc Trainer

Options
HELP! Anyone know a comparable exercise that I can put in for the gym's arc-trainer? This piece of equipment is like running (little to no impact on my joints), but soooo much better for me.... Your legs arc up in the front and you don't have a big impact on the down side.

I usually run 6 miles in an hour on the elliptical, but average about 4 miles on the arch trainer in an hour. Help! Don't know that the calorie counter on the machine is accurate. The machine does take in to account your weight and has a heart rate monitor (I haven't got my personal one yet. My heart rate is 150 - 163
2246_praying.gif

Replies

• GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    HELP! Anyone know a comparable exercise that I can put in for the gym's arc-trainer? This piece of equipment is like running (little to no impact on my joints), but soooo much better for me.... Your legs arc up in the front and you don't have a big impact on the down side.

I usually run 6 miles in an hour on the elliptical, but average about 4 miles on the arch trainer in an hour. Help! Don't know that the calorie counter on the machine is accurate. The machine does take in to account your weight and has a heart rate monitor (I haven't got my personal one yet. My heart rate is 150 - 163
    2246_praying.gif
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    There's nothing out there that I've seen that is comparable to the Arc Trainer. The cost is prohibitive for my home gym so since my ski machine died I've been on a recumbent exercise bike instead.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I would put it under elliptical.
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Still would like to get one for my home gym - it's my favorite machine at the gym.... :tongue:

Other ideas? Anyone else? Anyone?