Greetings!

Options
mellimeter
mellimeter Posts: 102 Member
Hello MFP World!

My name is Melissa and I am three days into tracking my diet and exercise, but just venturing into the message board world as of today. I have not been comfortable with my body since my freshman year of college, and I've tried many diets and exercise programs over the past few years, but never seem to get it "right." My downfall is that I either have the food plan well or the exercise going strong, it is rare that I'm able to get my mind set on both. . .but I've made a decision that this yo-yo dieting needs to stop, and I need to focus on becoming healthy once and for all.

On the fitness end, I am working with a personal trainer three times a week for an hour; this allows me to focus on cardivascular activities as well as strength training. I've worked with my trainer for a few months now, and have really seen some improvements with strength, but I know that I can be doing better. So frequently, I tell myself "oh, you can splurge because you were at the gym today. . ." that excuse needs to be erased from my vocabulary.

As I mentioned earlier, today is day 3 of tracking my foods, and it has not been an easy feat. I am feeling confident in myself, so I'm not letting myself waiver; however, I've been hungry! I've been reading these boards all afternoon, and I already feel more confident knowing that I'm not alone in this. This feeling won't last forever, it will just take some time for my body to relearn how to eat properly.

Feel free to "friend" me, I think I will need all of the support that I can get!

-Melissa

Replies

• megrrt
    megrrt Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou: