New and Looking for Encouraging Buddies!

Options
Hello!

I'm Emily. I'm 26, and I've hit a point in my life where being introspective has caused me to realize that discipline has been missing in a major way. It's time to take the reigns back with my financial situation and my health. This is the first time in my life where I felt like I was mature enough to do something and stick with it.

Right now my plan (which I have been doing for 2 and a half weeks) is the following:

60 minutes of cardio ("Walk Away the Pounds 4 Mile Walk") 5 days a week
20 minutes of combination weight lifting for arms 3 days a week
Less than 1200 calories a day

So far, I've lost 10 pounds, so I feel like I have had some success. BUT, I don't ever want to get to the point where I'm in a big rut and I fall off the wagon because I can't think of anything to eat that will satisfy! I don't have a whole lot of support, either. SO....I'm looking for guys/gals that are going through the same struggles and have ideas. We can lift each other up and hold each other accountable.

Any ideas?

Replies

• AmBeRLyNnGETTINThIN
    AmBeRLyNnGETTINThIN Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    im here for u! I too am doing the 1200 calories and day and I am doing lots of walking(about 3 miles every other day sometimes every day) and Zumba Wii almost every night! I love love love Zumba and would recommend it to anyone! I started my diet on May 5 and today is May 30th I have lost 22 lbs so far!!! Hope we can help motivate one another! ADD ME!
  • alittle99
    alittle99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    good for you for making the first step to join here! Feel free to add me as a friend- I'd love to help anyway I can, and I'd love the encouragement as well :-)
  • ellest
    ellest Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi - I have just started.....

I have a 3 year old and before I had her I never worked out or watched my diet et al. I still don't own a scale and never did to be honest, I have been walking 5k every other day with and without my daughter Yonge and Sheppard to Yonge and Eglinton and have begun to track my food (1200 calories a day).

I totally get where you are coming from if you ever need to chat.

L.:smile:
  • jhamlin6668
    jhamlin6668 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can feel free to add me as a friend. I check the boards several times a day. I have a lot more weight to lose - I am really inspired by all of the exercise you are doing. I want to get out and ride my awesome bike (The Pink Lady), but even at 11 p.m. it is still 80F and I'm just not up for that yet. Just remember - this is a marathon and not a sprint. It is a life change, not a diet. My wake up call came last month when I went to the Dr. and he told me I weighed 294 (at 5'10") and he wanted to put me on blood pressure medication. Oh hell no's. That did it for me. That is not the life I want. I am almost 43 and I don't want to look it or feel it.

You've come to the right place. I will cheerlead you every step of the way!!

Julie
  • radio_flyer
    radio_flyer Posts: 85
    Options
    im here for u! I too am doing the 1200 calories and day and I am doing lots of walking(about 3 miles every other day sometimes every day) and Zumba Wii almost every night! I love love love Zumba and would recommend it to anyone! I started my diet on May 5 and today is May 30th I have lost 22 lbs so far!!! Hope we can help motivate one another! ADD ME!

i wish I could figure out the Zumba Wii game ... I have it -- but I think I'm too old (LOL) I can't move that fast. I do Wii Fit Plus 4 times a week (2 days of straight cardio and 2 days of yoga/strength) and when the weather is nice - I take a power walk with my dog for a couple of miles. We're up to 2 miles now.
  • soontobe10811
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!! I recently made a post about needing some MFP pals and I sure got some :) It has been way more fun logging on since I made some new friends!!
  • Kghaines
    Kghaines Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just started, but I forget to log things...and the days I do I stay on track. I just need to remind myself. :/ Good luck on everything, and that's awesome that you are doing something great to improve your health!! :D
  • Hopeinanguish
    Hopeinanguish Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words, girls. I'm adding as we speak. :) And by the way...my name can be interpretted positively or very negatively, but, for the record, the meaning is that even when you're in anguish there is always hope. ;)
  • Sgoodwin24
    Sgoodwin24 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello all, im so new to this i just sign up. I have been on my diet for this past month, but have been falling off terribly. I plan to quickly get back and stay on track starting tomorrow. Its really hard doing this alone, and i wanna lose the weight and get in shape so i can get my dream career, which is in law enforcement. I weight 300 plus and i desperately wanna lose the weight, i have joined a gym recently, been doing workout classes along with water excercise. I will use this site as my encouragement, and i will listen to all your successful story, and continue to build my strength off of you all!. Congrats on all of your success, and please pray for mines!
  • sogden315
    sogden315 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello all! I have been trying for a few months now to try and take some of my baby weight off (I have a 2 1/2 yr old boy and 6 mo old girl) and it seems everytime I try I fail...So I have decided that I need support from other people from different places to encourage me and in return help motivate them! So...what are we waiting for? Lets get healthy and look dang good! Lol :)