Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    My first time to start the thread! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I'm up and ready to go for my 10K. It looks like lots of rain, just hoping for no t-storm. My 9yo decided that she wants to run the 2 mile race, so that will be fun! My cousin & I are running together and her 12yo ds is running the 2 mile also.

I was wide awake at 4:45, I've had my oatmeal (w/ 1/2 scoop protein powder) and am drinking my water!

I'll post a report later. Good luck to FitMomof3 on her 5K also!

Jess
  • FitMomof3
    Options
    Jessmomof3- Raining here too. :sad: Good luck on your race. My daughter wanted to run in a children's race, but there isn't one at this 5K. Will post results later.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Good luck to the both of you today. I hope the rain holds off until you are finished.

No run for me today. Resting the shin again. Went out and bought new shoes yesterday. Can't wait to try them out.
  • jdtrainer
    Options
    Hello runners,

3.5 miles for me this morning. Most of the run included gentle rolling hills, but also included one long extremely steep incline. My heart rate got to within 3bpm of my age predicted max even though I was moving at a snails pace on the uphill. Overall I felt really good this morning, even during the climb.

I hope everyone has great runs/races today!
    JD
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Hello beautiful runners!!!
    I got a chance to get out today. Had to work my weekend around it or rather delay the start of it so I could run today. Basically I told everyone I wasn't going any where until I ran this morning then we can leave for our weekend get away.:wink:

So I got in a 5.4 mile run. It is always a little tough to get going and always think I may only be able to do a 3 mile run, but then I get going and add to it. I almost went farther, but I knew people would be waiting.:tongue:

So off I go to Havasu to see Mom.:flowerforyou:
    (she is doing ok by the way, they couldn't do the stints, just going to have to deal with a bad heart I guess. I am glad I quit smoking:bigsmile: , that seems to have been her biggest problem, 45 years plus of smoking and heavily I think is finally going to take its toll on her.):huh:

See you guys Monday!!!:drinker:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    hello and happy Saturday to all the runners!

I am stuck in a seminar today but, just like yesterday, I WILL be getting 4 miles in as soon as I get home! I hate being stuck in a chair all day! :grumble:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Seminars on Saturday's should be illegal, Nichole! :angry:

Just got back from 7 miles! It wasn't pretty, but I did it! :tongue:

Good job to everyone who got out there! Good to see you again, JD! :smile:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Okay so I rested today but i feel so lazy.. :grumble: but really need to recoop as my run time has slowed a bit this week. Oh well --=

Tomorrow = 7 mile attempt!

Happy Saturday to all!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Whoops -- dble post -- so to add something worthwhile reading:
    Thanks all who post for the inspiration every day to keep my a$% out there either pounding the pavement or rotating hamster wheel. :love:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! Here's my 10K race report...

I kept checking the weather, they were calling for 90% chance of rain & t-storms. When we left it was raining, but by the time we got there it was not. It looked like it could rain at any time, but thankfully the rain held off until after I finished!

I met a friend there and then my cousins got their just about a minute before the start. I ran w/ my cousin Jenni for about the first 4 miles, and she was feeling good so she went on ahead and finished about a minute ahead of me. My goal was really just about a 9 min pace, I told my dh Greg on the way there that I would be happy w/ a 57 min time but a 56 min time would be awesome! I have enjoyed my summer of tri training and just loving being able to run pain-free!

My mile splits were 8:41, 8:39, 8:49, 9:03, 9:39 (stopped for water and felt crappy by that point, it was super humid!), 9:04, and kicked it in to 7:57 for the last .25 (course off just a little!). Considering I haven't been really doing much speedwork or really racing this summer, (I've been concentrating on the tri's), I was thrilled. My finish time was 55:52 and my pace was 8:57 (according to my Garmin).

I just felt good most of the way and was able to kick in at the end, so I know I could have pushed a little harder. It was really fun to race w/ my cousin, she's a great runner and her dh finished in 48 something. (don't know exactly) My 9yo dd ran the 2 mile race w/ their son, he's 12 and they had a good time too. Then we all went to IHOP! (spinach & mushroom eggbeater omelet & harvest grain & nut pancakes are a great post-race meal!)

Jess
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    Hello Everyone. I'm in the middle of homework not! :grumble: But, I'm going for a run afterwards. Probably have to run inside. We are expecting some rain from IKE!
  • alimassa
    Options
    Hello All!

Jess- That is GREAT for your 10k!! And a great way to celebrate the race with a good meal afterward. I am happy the rain held out for you too.:drinker: :drinker:

Shannon- Nice work! It doesnt have to be pretty, as long as its done!

No run for me today...or tomorrow..or the day after that... SIGH:sad: :sad: :sad:

Happy Running to the rest of you!

Ali
  • FitMomof3
    Options
    Way to go, Jess! Glad the rain held off for you.

I had my 5K this morning. I ran it in 24:55 and came in first for the women in the 20-29 age division AND I WAS THE FIRST WOMEN TO CROSS THE FINISH LINE! I was so happy. I shaved 1.5 mintues off my previous time. When my husband told me that I was the first woman to finish, I didn't believe him, but yes it was true!
  • jessmomof3
    Options

I had my 5K this morning. I ran it in 24:55 and came in first for the women in the 20-29 age division AND I WAS THE FIRST WOMEN TO CROSS THE FINISH LINE! I was so happy. I shaved 1.5 mintues off my previous time. When my husband told me that I was the first woman to finish, I didn't believe him, but yes it was true!

Yeah!!!! You go girl!!! That is awesome! 1st woman across the line... incredible!! :flowerforyou: Did you get a medal?? And shaving off 1.5 min... wow!

Jess
  • alimassa
    Options

NICE WORK!! You rock! And just think of all the boys you beat too :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ali
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Hello All!

Jess- That is GREAT for your 10k!! And a great way to celebrate the race with a good meal afterward. I am happy the rain held out for you too.:drinker: :drinker:

No run for me today...or tomorrow..or the day after that... SIGH:sad: :sad: :sad:

Ali

How'd the surgery go, Ali?? :flowerforyou:

Nice running, Jess! :drinker:
  • alimassa
    Options
    Hello All!

Ali

Surgery went well....actually hurts a lot less then I thought it would! He didnt make me too "big" either so I shouldnt have to worry about black eyes when I get back to running in a month. :laugh: :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Hello All!

Ali

Surgery went well....actually hurts a lot less then I thought it would! He didnt make me too "big" either so I shouldnt have to worry about black eyes when I get back to running in a month. :laugh: :laugh:

Suuuuure ya big show off! You'll be running without a bra, I just know it! :laugh: Glad everything went well! :smile:
  • alimassa
    Options
    Hello All!

Ali

Suuuuure ya big show off! You'll be running without a bra, I just know it! :laugh: Glad everything went well! :smile:

No bra, white tee, in the rain.....I'll take a pic! (not sure if my running buddy will find the humor):laugh: