What are your weekend fitness plans??

Options
So, what's everyone got planned for the weekend that's fun, exciting, healthy, adventurous, etc.etc.?

I've not got anything great myself (just cycling), so thought I'd ask and live vicariously through y'all! :tongue:

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    So, what's everyone got planned for the weekend that's fun, exciting, healthy, adventurous, etc.etc.?

I've not got anything great myself (just cycling), so thought I'd ask and live vicariously through y'all! :tongue:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I'm running a 10K race this morning. I'll probably take my bike for a spin tomorrow depending on the weather!

BTW, shorerider, I LOVE your bike jersey! Holy rollers... that's great!

Jess
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Im taking the kids to a WCU football game. Go Catamounts. I actually set my alarm to get up this morning to do my Turbo Jam although I did a new workout with it and I couldnt get all the moves so I only burned 232 calories. Im sure once I can do all the moves I will burn more. Hopefully walking up the bleachers and all the steps will burn some extra ones.

Connie
  • shorerider
    Options
    I'm running a 10K race this morning. I'll probably take my bike for a spin tomorrow depending on the weather!

BTW, shorerider, I LOVE your bike jersey! Holy rollers... that's great!

Jess

10K :noway: WOW! Give a report when you get done. Gessh, that'd take me half a day!
  • shorerider
    Options
    Im taking the kids to a WCU football game. Go Catamounts. I actually set my alarm to get up this morning to do my Turbo Jam although I did a new workout with it and I couldnt get all the moves so I only burned 232 calories. Im sure once I can do all the moves I will burn more. Hopefully walking up the bleachers and all the steps will burn some extra ones.

Connie

You could purposefully sit in the nose-bleed section and walk up and down a few times--that should be enough to earn a hot dog or two at least :wink:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I had laproscopic surgery yesterday to repair a double hernia in the groin and although I don't feel too bad today I'm going to take it easy today. Tomorrow, if all goes well I'll hand cut six acres of grass near the house instead of using the tractor.
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Started training about 5 weeks ago for my 3 day (60 miles for Breast Cancer) so getting ready to head out for a 14 mile walk....might try to go to the gym tomorrow Ü Hope everyone has a blessed day! I need to get back on these boards!!!!!
    Blessings!
  • shorerider
    Options
    I had laproscopic surgery yesterday to repair a double hernia in the groin and although I don't feel too bad today I'm going to take it easy today. Tomorrow, if all goes well I'll hand cut six acres of grass near the house instead of using the tractor.

:noway: :noway: Sounds like you need to take it easy for more than a day! I think I'd have to wait on cutting the grass...
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, the training schedule calls for a 10 mile run tomorrow and today I'l spend some time in the garden harvesting potatoes and cleaning up 'stuff' that's done: tomato plants etc. Not that that's "exercise" but it's better than sitting on me *kitten* watching the telly! :bigsmile:
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i have to teach a sample hour long boot camp class this morning, and then I have my long run for my marathon training after that :noway: 10miles today. After that i'm going to have lunch and SIT until tomorrow haha
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    We have two car shows, so there is a lot of walking, then I need to do the grocery store thing and then clean the house and laundry.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Cooking some things to prep my food for the week, 20 minutes of calisthenics and 30 minutes of my new used FREE treadmill (wi/weights)!! :wink:

Tommorow, 1 1/2 hours at the gym after church.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Teaching Turbo Kick and then subbing Pilates this morning... hehe.
    Sundays are my rest days... normally I try to get outside but it's quite dank and dreary here this weekend.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I am going to spin class this morning and then I'll probably do circuit training tomorrow or another spin class. I ate 1000 cals over yesterday. I guess this is what people call a free day. It happens when I go out with the coworkers...the last time when I went over was at the same place...after work. I feel like a fat cow today. Some people say that upping the cals for a day is good for your metabolism....I will NOT use this as an excuse to binge every other week. I personally don't believe in the free day.
  • shorerider
    Options
    Wow, you guys are making me tired just reading your plans!
  • Rebecca1234
    Options
    I'm at home! :D
    I asked my siblings over breakfast if they wanted to walk with me this morning and amazingly they said yes! So I'll be walking with them this morning and later tonight, I think we're going to the pow wow. I have no idea what's on the agenda for tomorrow (aside from all the studying I have to get done this weekend).
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I played in our basketball semi-finals today- we made it to the premiership! Won by one point in overtime!! A very exciting and exhausting game, but so worth it! Next Saturday we have the Grand Final game, so wish me luck! Tomorrow I am doing body pump in the morning and a hike in the afternoon.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    You'll like this one shorerider: husband and I signed up for a 40 mile ride in October and we are starting to train this weekend. We will use our regular bikes - a hybrid for him and a cheap mountain bike for me.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    double, sorry
  • shorerider
    Options
    You'll like this one shorerider: husband and I signed up for a 40 mile ride in October and we are starting to train this weekend. We will use our regular bikes - a hybrid for him and a cheap mountain bike for me.

WAHOOO! Another joins the ranks! 40 miles is easy--you'll do fine. Take it slow, increase by no more than 10% every week. And you'll breeze through it.