How did you all like Extreme Makeover Weight Edition?

Options
2»

Replies

• foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Anyone watch it last night? I thought it was awesome!! I also watched the first one - with the girl - and was pretty unimpressed. Yesterday's was great though! It even made me cry.... :blushing: I'm so proud of that guy, he looked like a completely different person afterwards, and I LOVE how he talked about finding his swagger.

BTW I am totally in love with Chris Powell. Holy is he ever gorgeous and seems like a nice man that can still be a hardass!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I zonked out early last night, but caught the guy on GMA this morning. Amazing transformation!
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I liked it because they were not trying to lose to win a contest. I like the biggest loser but I think some of the people on there don't care as much about the losing part just winning if that makes since. There was really no race and they did it the healthy way gradual... You know it's a lot for them to come on national tv and show how big they are and do this in front of the camera by yourself. With the biggest loser there are a group of them to be strong for each other. These people sometimes just have themselves and the trainer. The families not always supportive. Big Kudos to them.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    I liked it because they were not trying to lose to win a contest. I like the biggest loser but I think some of the people on there don't care as much about the losing part just winning if that makes since. There was really no race and they did it the healthy way gradual... You know it's a lot for them to come on national tv and show how big they are and do this in front of the camera by yourself. With the biggest loser there are a group of them to be strong for each other. These people sometimes just have themselves and the trainer. The families not always supportive. Big Kudos to them.

I totally agree that it takes a lot to get on TV and do this in from of all of USA! and the world really. I have said this a many of times. I would never have to guts to get on either show! lol!

I fell asleep last night also, so I will have to catch it on line!.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I zonked out early last night, but caught the guy on GMA this morning. Amazing transformation!

I did the same thing. You can go online and catch it. That is what I am going to do! I missed him on GMA. He had to have been in the 1st 30 min or the last 30 min of the show.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Spoiler alert!

I watched it last night and thought it was so-so...an hour is just not long enough to cover a whole year's journey of weight loss.

The good: I also love that he really got his confidence back and you could tell he really loved being part of that army unit. Seems to me like a guy with a huge personality that's been hiding for way too long.

The bad: The only part I didn't like was that he seemed to really be focusing on losing for his dead mother's sake and not for himself. I guess any motivation is good but it just makes me wonder if he truly gets it and if he'll be able to stick with it in the long run.

I also hope that he's able to motivate the rest of his family to follow his lead.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Spoiler alert!

I watched it last night and thought it was so-so...an hour is just not long enough to cover a whole year's journey of weight loss.

The good: I also love that he really got his confidence back and you could tell he really loved being part of that army unit. Seems to me like a guy with a huge personality that's been hiding for way too long.

The bad: The only part I didn't like was that he seemed to really be focusing on losing for his dead mother's sake and not for himself. I guess any motivation is good but it just makes me wonder if he truly gets it and if he'll be able to stick with it in the long run.

I also hope that he's able to motivate the rest of his family to follow his lead.

Yes while we all have different motivators you have to want if for SELF above all else. Hopefully all of the positive results he has sustained now that the weight is off will motivate him to keep the pounds off. He may struggle some but I believe he will keep the pounds off.

I can't wait to see if they are going to have ones older than 20 something. I bet they will.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Well I just finished watching Extreme Makeover and it was totally awesome!! I really hope he continues to maintain his weight and I really believe he will. Hopefully the host will keep in touch with him if more help is needed.
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I must've missed the first one but saw the one the other night. I will definitely be watching again if only because the trainer is a HOTTIE!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    All I am so looking forward to this weeks Extreme Makeover Weight Edition!!! They deal with the man's food addiction. I can't wait to see how they deal with this one since I am a food addict myself.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I fell asleep again and will have to watch on line. It is not the show. I just be wiped out by that time and I go to sleep after 9 CST. What I saw was awesome!
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    crap i missed it!!! Actually, I forgot it was on! Going to catch the Sunday replay so I can get my Chris Powell fix :love:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    crap i missed it!!! Actually, I forgot it was on! Going to catch the Sunday replay so I can get my Chris Powell fix :love:

I think they replay it Saturday nights unless they do it Sunday also.
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    I love this show! I had to play catch-up the past 2 weeks. If you can lose weight from crying, then I lost 5 lbs in 2 hours! Chris Powell just seems so down-to-earth.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Tonights show was wonderful! I don't remember them saying whether or not the man had his hernia removed. I guess I will have to go back and check the rerun on line.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Yea i did like last nights show !
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Tonight's show really hit home for me and I cried. Tonight's show was the best of all because it showed that everyone will not succeed and it showed how hard it is to beat a food addiction. Everyone will not do it in one year.

The Insight program they showed on there tonight is the same program I am being evaluated for and looking to get approved for by my insurance. I have been waiting on them to have a show on the difficulty of food addiction and finally tonight they did it! I know everyone loves a success story, but unfortunately that is not the reality.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I was disappointed to see he was not on GMA but that is not to say he may not be on there, especially if he gets help with his addiction.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I did watch this last night!! I always look forward to watching these shows! My husband even likes to watch it. I hope they show everyone at the season finale and see if they have lost more.