Stronger, Better, Faster Sept 13

Options
Weekend is here, but alas, no rain for us :grumble: We have hurricane Ike to our east and we missed the remains of a tropical storm from the Pacific to our west. On the upside, we are going to have a great week temperature wise - a low of 58 degrees on Wednesday morning - might need a coat :laugh:

Yesterday I had a good session on the cybex and a yoga class that people loved - restorative. It's amazing how people will think you are great teacher if you make them lay around. It was nice to have people ask me if I taught a regular class :smooched:

Today, I'm up early to go to weights. I'm sleepy though; it will be tough. Maybe a bike ride or walk later on. I just want to go back to bed.

Happy Workouts!

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Weekend is here, but alas, no rain for us :grumble: We have hurricane Ike to our east and we missed the remains of a tropical storm from the Pacific to our west. On the upside, we are going to have a great week temperature wise - a low of 58 degrees on Wednesday morning - might need a coat :laugh:

Yesterday I had a good session on the cybex and a yoga class that people loved - restorative. It's amazing how people will think you are great teacher if you make them lay around. It was nice to have people ask me if I taught a regular class :smooched:

Today, I'm up early to go to weights. I'm sleepy though; it will be tough. Maybe a bike ride or walk later on. I just want to go back to bed.

Happy Workouts!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Morning all. . .

glad to hear that all is well, Mary. And yes, I would think you were a great teacher if you let me stay on my mat the entire time:wink:

Today is: weights at home, and I might go to the gym later for cardio. (might. . . if, for example, madness sets in while I'm writing. . .and it probably will) I'm kickin' it old school with biggest loser power sculpt in just a few minutes.

Foggy and gloomy here today, which always makes it hard to be motivated.

My top for my bellydance recital arrived yesterday, and let's just say I'm going to be exposing a lot of torso. So, gulp. (in other news. . .I'm dancing in a studio recital in early October)

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    and. . .a side effect to being stronger, better and faster. . .

the biggest loser power sculpt, which two months ago burned 260 cals in 30 minutes, with 5 & 8 lb weights, just burned 198 in 30 minutes with 10 lb weights. Those push-up/t-stand/plank nightmares are still an butt:noway: -kicker, though.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Morning!
    I am getting a little better each day but I'm getting tired of being sick. I am planning to get some cleaning done today, maybe some sanding on my son's bed. We'll be stuck in the house this afternoon from Tropical Storm Ike, but we plan to go out this morning for a bit.
    Anybody got any ideas on getting a two year old to eat? :laugh:

Goals today:
    drink water
    do push ups test
    clean/sand
    get my son to eat his food
    Have a good day everyone!
    Melissa
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    My top for my bellydance recital arrived yesterday, and let's just say I'm going to be exposing a lot of torso. So, gulp.

Oooh, oooh - dare we hope for a picture? :wink:

My sister-in-law is a bellydancer - we got to see her troupe perform at the fair a couple of months ago, which was very cool. (actually, if you type 'maia sword' into YouTube you will find some older videos of her) Some of the costumes were beautiful - and at one point the power cut out so they did one song 'a cappella', with just the finger cymbals and coins on their outfits. Pretty awesome. I have a DVD but it's more geared towards exercise than actual dancing. It would be fun to take a class - I can tell that there are a LOT of muscles in my torso that I do not know how to use!

I ran for 30 minutes and walked for 15 yesterday. I have been slacking on the Shred challenge - true to form, I get bored with DVDs after a few days. I will get back to it tonight, along with my pushups for the day. Right now I am procrastinating from working on my project again. :frown:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    My top for my bellydance recital arrived yesterday, and let's just say I'm going to be exposing a lot of torso. So, gulp.

Oooh, oooh - dare we hope for a picture? :wink:

Yep, I'll post one on recital day or soon thereafter, I promise. Double yikes.:tongue:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    A little disappointed. I did my push ups test to see if I was ready to move on to the last week. I was able to do 36 which is great but I have to be able to do 45 I think to move on to week 6. :ohwell: I am blaming it on the fact that I've had a cold but I'm still bummed. I'll redo week 5. Hopefully next week I'll be ready to go to week 6. :frown:
    I also didn't watch what I ate today and ate too many tortilla chips. No wonder I'm not losing anything. I am determined to do better tomorrow.
    Don't mean to be a downer. Just ready to get today over with.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Went to dinner. Had brie sandwich and large salad. I haven't had dessert this week. Turned down chance at dessert. Could it be the brie? In other words, enough fat that I didn't crave the dessert? Oh, and the brie sandwich was buttered!! Nothing like a buttered brie sandwich :laugh:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Went to dinner. Had brie sandwich and large salad. I haven't had dessert this week. Turned down chance at dessert. Could it be the brie? In other words, enough fat that I didn't crave the dessert? Oh, and the brie sandwich was buttered!! Nothing like a buttered brie sandwich :laugh:

Today for lunch, someone asked how my sandwich was and I said "hey melt a big hunk of brie on anything and I'm happy. . .what's not to like!"

So, it's brie day, apparently.:wink:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm... brie... sounds yummy. (where's a little Homer Simpson-esque drooling smiley when I need one?) Save some for me next time! :tongue: