headaches help:(

Options
I started my wieght loss goal about a month ago with myfitnesspal... but i keep having these headaches everyday and i hve no clue wat it is... can someone plz help..to give me sum comfort if they hve experienced it too..? :/

Replies

• Tracey_Smith
    Tracey_Smith Posts: 199
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? This can cause headaches.
  • Kristinemillar
    Options
    Like Tracey said... Lack of water and dehydration can cause headaches. I was worried that by cutting back on caffeine I was going to have some horrendous headaches but not a single one... 4 pints of water a day minimum will ensure you are properly hydrated and should stop the headaches.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    There could be several reasons.

The most common is withdrawl of some sort, if you've cut out caffeine, or have changed your eating habits, gone to eating clean, etc. If its withdrawl, there's nothing you can really do except wait it out and drink a lot of water.

A lot of toxins are fat soluble, so when you gained weight to begin with, all of the toxins you were taking in went into your fat. So now when you're burning fat, those toxins get released into your blood stream and your system has to deal with them again. Again, nothing you can really do but drink water and take some Tylenol.

If you're working out a lot more, you could be getting sinus headaches, or tension headaches.

It could just be coincidental that something else is causing your headaches at the same time you started. Allergies, stress, whatever. I used to have headaches every September and April, needed my eyeglasses prescription updated.
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I was getting these when I cut down on chocolate - there is a lot of caffeine in chocolate so you don't make the connection immediately...
  • jennsie
    jennsie Posts: 38
    Options
    change of diet can cause headaches. i got them when i stopped having sugar
  • Adbrown1956
    Adbrown1956 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    No.... i hvent really been drinking water like i should.. im always adding something to it to make it flavored. Thanks alot any advice is greatly appeciated..:)
  • jennsie
    jennsie Posts: 38
    Options
    but don't worry, it will go away when your body becomes accustomed to the change. it took about a week
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    No.... i hvent really been drinking water like i should.. im always adding something to it to make it flavored. Thanks alot any advice is greatly appeciated..:)
    Increase your water and perhaps gradually decrease the amount of unnatural additives. Try lemons, limes, cucumbers, mint, etc... Also check your electrolytes and potassium. Eat bananas if you like them or drink coconut water. Try to get as natural a version of coconut water. I prefer the Naked brand..