Heart Rate Moniter

kateq321
kateq321 Posts: 97 Member
Hi there

Just wondering if anybody can recommend a decent (reasonably priced) hear rate moniter. It doesn't have to be state of the art just track when I'm in the fat burning zone and calories burned.

Thanks a mil

Replies

• Briannah
    Briannah Posts: 50
    the one i have is a Polar Ft7. I have had it for 2 years and love it, never had a problem. In Aus were i live it is going for about $139.00 but they have a website just google it.

B
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Everything I read and researched kept pointing back to Polar. Their cheapest is about $60. Their most expensive is a couple hundred. Just depends on the features you want from it.
  • corieueber
    corieueber Posts: 72 Member
    I'm in australia and l got a one from aldi for $20 and love it, gives me all the stats l need
  • darseneau
    darseneau Posts: 4 Member
    I bought the sports line one. Cheap 35 bucks at walmart. Only problem is I can't find anyone who can change the battery so I've been through 2 of them in the past 3 years. Is the Polar battery easily changed? Mine is dead again.
  • lexrobin2
    lexrobin2 Posts: 33
    polar is all youll need. 89 dollars, well worth it
  • therealmikethompson
    therealmikethompson Posts: 2 Member
    I just got a MIO "Energy Pro". It seems ok, I got it because it does the continuous heart rate monitoring with the chest strap but also works "on demand" without the chest strap. To get your heart rate when you're not wearing the strap, you just touch the metal rim around the watch face.
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    I got the Beurer PM25 - its like £30 on amazon, it takes a while to find my HR, about 5 minutes but I just get ready to work out in that time anyway. It tracks calories and fat burnt and when you're in fat burning zone (you set your limits)
  • em_lou007
    em_lou007 Posts: 117
    Hiya! I have the Polar FT4 - does what you need it to do.

I went to Amazon for mine i'm in UK and paid £55 when it retails for £70+ in the shops

Here is the weblink for the user manual - explore the site if you want ot look for the other models

http://www.polar.fi/en/support/downloads?product=&category=User+manuals&document=/gip/PKBStoGIP.nsf/web_cat/C225742500419A8AC22575F3003CDB3B

Good luck with your search

:flowerforyou:
  • kateq321
    kateq321 Posts: 97 Member
    Hi all

Thanx for the replies. I know polar is the most popular but they can also be expensive. I'm just looking for a monitor to track calories, when I'm in the zone etc - nothing to fancy. I'll check out all the ones mentioned here and go from there.

Thanks again for all the suggestions. :heart: