Winos - staying on track

Options
Good morning everyone
Well, I did great last night, didn't drink anything, but that's only because I wasn't feeling good. I'm feeling a little better today, so we'll see how tonight goes. We are putting hardwood floors in our dining room today, so I won't be able to be on the computer until tonight :sad: (hopefully), but hope everyone is doing good. :smile: I will try to post again tonight to see how everyone is doing, and will be on here tomorrow. Good luck :smile:

Replies

• lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
    Well, I did great last night, didn't drink anything, but that's only because I wasn't feeling good. I'm feeling a little better today, so we'll see how tonight goes. We are putting hardwood floors in our dining room today, so I won't be able to be on the computer until tonight :sad: (hopefully), but hope everyone is doing good. :smile: I will try to post again tonight to see how everyone is doing, and will be on here tomorrow. Good luck :smile:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Good morning fellow wino!!

This is the first morning of no coffee/no booze.....Got up and went to the gym, did 30 minutes interval running and fast paced walking. came home, ate breakfast, showered and now here I am! I have my evil monsters playing around the computer at the moment.....(dang kitties!!). I'm feeling a little light headed from no caffiene, I may get a chai or some black tea here in a moment....

Lord only knows how tonight will go, but I'm pretty sure I'll be a-ok. THe first night is always the easiest. It's usually the fourth or fifth day where I start dreaming of the perfect glass of wine!! (ok, so i'm already thinking about a glass of chardonney....):tongue:

I'll see you tonight!
    :flowerforyou:
    M
  • lyla29
    Options
    We finished most of the room, so now we are taking a break. When I was pregnant with my kids and I stopped drinking coffee, I first went from 1/2 the caffeine coffee for a while to decaf coffee (I get bad headaches if I don't have my caffeine) and then no coffee at all (my stomach couldn't take it for a while)and I seemed to do good. I found that a gradual decrease in the caffeine helped me a lot.

I will probably have a glass or two (hopefully no more) tonight to relax after helping with the floor (and the cleanup :grumble: )

See you tonight.
    Lyla
  • Fab140
    Options
    Well......I did fine with the coffee. lol. The wine....though.....

:laugh:

Yea, I'll climb back on that wagon tomorrow....the white wine was screaming at me....:tongue:

Tomorrow is another day!

See ya tomorrow!
  • lyla29
    Options
    that's great with the coffee. :smile: Maybe just one thing at a time for the first few days, and see how it goes? :ohwell: Tomorrow is another day, so good luck with the coffee, and I'll see you tomorrow.
  • lyla29
    Options
    good morning
    well I didn't do too bad last night, I only had 3 glasses of wine instead of 4 :tongue:
    tonight I am trying to maybe have one, and then the week starts of nothing until the weekend (we'll see how that goes:laugh:
    good luck today and I will try to post again later. :smile:
  • Fab140
    Options
    Good morning!

or rather, afternoon......:laugh:

I'm doing fine with the coffee (yay!!) and Working on the night-time things.

We shall see! lol

• lyla29
    Options
    that's great about the coffee :smile:
    Like I said before, maybe just do one at a time to start, and it might be easier.
    good luck tonight and I'll see you in the morning.
  • Fab140
    Options
    Good morning!! :flowerforyou:
    I think the coffee habit is officially kicked!! Just in time too!! I can use the money to pay off my credit card :grumble: It is absolutley amazing to me how much I spend on coffee!!

Tonight, I will take it down to one single drink, and a tiny one at that. I plan on going home and doing my cardio kickboxing (maybe I can get my hubby to join....hehehe....) then some yoga. Then making some Talpia fillets (and burgers for DH....not a fish person. :laugh: ) with wild rice. yum!

One other thing I'm working on are my portions. I figure that all of my meals are double the size they should be (could be the reason that my belly is too......:noway: ) So I'm going to try cutting just about every meal I have in half. Unless it is salad greens. I'll try to keep those big!

Well, Lyla, will chat soon!
  • enigmakey
    enigmakey Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wine and coffee both? Your the bravest people I know. :drinker: Why the coffee? I always read it was good for you to have a cup a day. And it's even better if you have organic. I've been keeping extra calories available for my wine nights. I haven't been having any problem losing doing that but, I'm sure it's not very healthy.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    LOL another Wino here with her hand up

didn't do too well this weekend - I keep my calories for my vino as well
  • lyla29
    Options
    I finally got to log in (the internet wasn't working earlier:grumble: )
    Glad to hear the coffee habit is kicked for you:happy:
    Well the weekend is over, and now I need to get back to trying for just 1 glass of wine a night (it usually ends up with about 3) and see how it goes tonight. I also keep calories for my 1 glass, it's the others that get me into trouble. lol
  • Fab140
    Options
    Wine and coffee both? Your the bravest people I know. :drinker: Why the coffee? I always read it was good for you to have a cup a day. And it's even better if you have organic. I've been keeping extra calories available for my wine nights. I haven't been having any problem losing doing that but, I'm sure it's not very healthy.

I'm doing coffee as well because it has began to rip my tummy up (as well as my wallet!!). And I'm a munchy face anytime I have alcohol, so again....cutting back to every once in awhile.....I just keep gaining weight!!
  • Fab140
    Options
    I finally got to log in (the internet wasn't working earlier:grumble: )
    Glad to hear the coffee habit is kicked for you:happy:
    Well the weekend is over, and now I need to get back to trying for just 1 glass of wine a night (it usually ends up with about 3) and see how it goes tonight. I also keep calories for my 1 glass, it's the others that get me into trouble. lol

Yes, anytime I log in what I ACTUALLY drank.....good lord......
  • lyla29
    Options
    [[/quote]

[/quote]

It always looks better before I update my logs in the evenings, then I think I should have done a harder workout to burn more calories :laugh:
  • Fab140
    Options
    [

[/quote]

It always looks better before I update my logs in the evenings, then I think I should have done a harder workout to burn more calories :laugh:
    [/quote]

:laugh: :laugh:

I'm almost positive we're related.....:laugh:
  • lyla29
    Options
    Before you posted the starting over, I thought i was just about the only one who thought this way. :laugh:
  • Fab140
    Options
    :laugh:

Nope. My hubby is trying to cut back too. It seems our generation is a bunch of wine guzzeling bums!:wink::laugh:
  • enigmakey
    enigmakey Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I save about 500 calories for my evening wine.:drinker: I exercise for them. It's very motivational. :glasses:
  • lyla29
    Options
    I'm finally getting back into a more normal exercise routine again, since my kids are back in school, replacing the floors in our house, and having a problem with my knee, so now I can have the extra calories for my evening wine. I would still like to cut back to just 1 (maybe 2 :tongue: ) a night.