Over 60 years of age

Options
13»

Replies

• stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm getting closer to 60 (sept 30 officially). Anyway today I need to re-commit to this healthier lifestyle. Been in a funk for a few weeks - don't want to see summer end :( So - off my computer chair & heading to the stationary bike. C Ya'll in a while - have an EXCELLENT day.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Welcome stangma...glad to have you here. I am very sorry that I didn't see your reply here earlier. I forgot about this thread.:noway: Did you get a good workout on your bike? What else do you do for exercising?
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Yes , I definately would. Everyone is doing all these exercises, which I could do 2 years ago, but after my illness and needing hip replacement it is not so easy.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Yes , I definately would. Everyone is doing all these exercises, which I could do 2 years ago, but after my illness and needing hip replacement it is not so easy.

Hang in there. Hopefully we can help you find exercises that you can do.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    I read an inspiring story about a man who weighed so much that he could barely get out of his chair. he started his exercise program by moving his arms back and forth while seated . He later went on to lose more than half his body weight. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: there is an exercise plan for everyone. :bigsmile:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Barbie, I had heard that story also. All it takes is to make the first move, no matter how small.
  • mblair50
    mblair50 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I joined MFP about two weeks ago and really love it. I also am interested in joining a Over 60's.
    I'm 61 and try to walk 3-4 miles a day. I plot my walking distance (or bike riding miles) on a virtual walk across the USA. It starts in Yorktown, Virginia and ends in Florence, OR.
    I'm in Missouri right now and have been at it since May 2010. I've walked 1300 miles so far. It really keeps me motivated and I can set my pace and the mileage all adds up.

I'm working on trying to lose 30 pounds that I gained back from the 41 pounds I lost two years ago. Always a struggle to lose then keep it lost!

Anyway I am looking for anyone who would like to add me as a friend and fellow loser.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    HI Becky:''

I am so happy you started this group. I have been meaning to write but I also posted a thread and there dosent seem to be enough time to answer people/ Plus I cant type.

As for your daughter, does she like to dance? What else do 18 year olds do? Is she still in school? There r videos you could both do on Netflix, maybe she would like that.

I hope all is well. I had a snickers and an Almond Joy today!!! OMG