P90X and fueling your body?

Options
Hey all P90X vets,
another question,

I just started P90X Classic Version and found that I am WAY hungrier than i was before. I dont want to change my life style setting on my calories because i do desk work all day, other than my working out, im not running around all day or doing manual labor.

the problem is that the p90x option in the cardio portion of the excercise tab is not work out specific, which calorie burn in dependent on a persons effort, but i ate my net calories and still felt like my body needed more.

did yall feel the same way? what should i do? eat to fuel my body, or stick to the calorie limit?

Replies

• corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Are you doing the p90x nutritional plan? You should eat 1800 calories a day, no matter what you burn. Or so p90x says. I was SO much hungrier with p90x too
  • DeadZip2010
    DeadZip2010 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    the nutrition plan looks pretty expensive, so i was going to stick to the general guidlines but not 100%. and im allowed 1970 for a net calorie but i ate that and what i earned from the workout and was still feeling like my body needed more fuel. just not sure what to do.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2. Last week I woke up hungry for the first time in years!!

I weigh 210 lbs and have set my cal goals at 2200 cals a day (I've got a bodymedia fit and try to keep a deficit of 500 cals though it doesn't always work out). This week I am drinking a protein/milk/banana shake on the way to work so I get some calories in faster than normal - before I'd just wait until I got to work which is almost three hours after I wake up.