I need motivation...

Options
The first week I did amazing! I followed the calorie count, exercised daily, etc. I lost 11lbs. THEN, I had a really bad week because my husband and I had a fight and I left for a few days and stayed at my parents house. So, I have been trying for days to get back on the weightloss train and it seems like it is impossible... I start the day out great and I eat great. BUT, at dinner time I screw everything up! Mainly because I have to cook for my family and by the end of the day, I just say whatever I'm going to eat what they eat and I will just start over tomorrow. I'm just so disappointed in myself. I really want to do this.

Replies

• jambs5
    jambs5 Posts: 114
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as your friend. The more support/encouragement the better. Whenever I add my food to the diary, I see the calorie and say to myself wow I better do more cardio to burn those calories off. I recently joined on 5/13/11. So far, I;ve only lost 5#. A few of my sisters use this site and have reached their goals. If they can do it, so can I. Have a great day.
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    If you are only having trouble at dinner time, try planning out your family dinner in advance. If you aren't making the "healthiest" of meals, then measure your portion sizes carefully. If you don't mind eating something different, make your meals in advance. I use Sundays to make food for 3-4 days at a time. That way you know what you'll be eating and can budge your calories accordingly. And it also helps with cravings to have a "ready made" meal handy.
  • sophiasmith941
    Options
    Please don't worry about your diet..You will definitely success in losing weight..keep patient..Sometimes it may happen..
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    i can totally relate! i did quite horrible these past few days due to the "holiday" but it's okay, we can get back on track. on the path to success there are many hills.
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend as well. I try to encourage everyone, and I post recipes (usually daily) to my blog. I tend to plan out my dinners in the morning, stop at the store on my way home from work if any supplies are needed, and cook as soon as I get home... I don't sit down because I know I'll lose the momentum and want o make whatever is easiest instead!

It's all about easy, healthy home cooking with variations for how strict your food allowances are. With my recipes, I calculate a real serving size and just eat that plus a veggie if there's not already a lot in the recipe. For others around the table (my huband and for the last couple months through the next couple months 1-2 houseguests during the week) I make some type of starch to go with it. I'll sometimes have a small bit of the starch, but the protein/veg portion is usually enough.

Good luck!! :)
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Your going to have days when all you want to do is go off the path of eating good. I still have those days and its been about five months. At times I still eat what my fiance and son are eating I just do smaller portions and exercise a little more. If you are having veggies for dinner have extra :) Just remember you have to reward yourself sometimes too just dont go to crazy, which is something I have learned to do also. Everyone has these kind of days, dont let anyone tell you differently :) Being a stay at home mother means you have to struggle a little more because everything is right there all day long. Thats how it is for me at least, but its something I am determined to over come to get this weight off and be healthy and feeling good :) If you ever need any help or just a person to talk to message me, I am always logged on :) Just remember smile and know tomorrow is a new day and you will get back on track. :):)