Can't post the weight GAINS!

Options
DeBlue
DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
Anyone else struggle with honestly updating the pounds lost? I was on a roll, looked so much better, clothes fit again... but then look what happened. I hate recording the backslides!!!!

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I don't post them
  • Davis713
    Davis713 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I have posted my weight gain.....now instead of having lost 54 lbs, its down to 49 lbs. Very depressing but I have got to be honest with myself and push through this rutt.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I have posted them. At one point I was at a 26 pound losss. Now....not so much.:blushing:
  • DrAlbin
    DrAlbin Posts: 25
    Options
    I step on the scale everyday, and its funny the roller coaster ride the number does. I haven't recorded a gain yet, but there have been times when it might take me 7-10 days to lose one more pound. From what i read, the site doesn't announce when you gain, but it will announce when you "Re-Lose" the same weight.
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I don't post them, lol. I just work my butt off to get back where I was and then go from there.
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Backslides are a part of life (my life anyway!) & I think they keep my eyes open to what I'm really doing, like a reality check. I revisit my food & exercise journal and objectively look at what I've done over the past week or two. Before MFP, I would lose weight, then regain it because I didn't keep in check with my diet & exercise program. By logging everything, it's a weekly reminder when I do a weigh in that I'm either still on track or need to make some adjustments! I'm just happy that it doesn't post a comment for my friends to see that I gained like it posts when you lose!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way I was doing sooo good had lost 22 lbs and came to a point where I felt too comfy with the loss and starting picking up old habits !! NOT GOOD
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I check in with my current weight EVERY Saturday morning, no matter what. If I want to succeed, I have to be honest with myself. And if I'm going to be honest with myself, that means recording my weight no matter what it is on my weigh in day.
  • PurelyZee
    PurelyZee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I struggle! But I post every week regardless! I predict this week won't be in my favor:( But I like to stay grounded in reality, thats how i got into this mess in the first place. Not being honest with myself about why my jeans were tight, or how much I was eating. i gained 25 lbs after the birth of my twins:( based on the lie that I needed to eat like that for nursing 2 babies. I have to stay in reality. Even after I joined this site i gained 6lbs. Now they are gone plus 7 more! I don't regret being honest:) i wish you the best in your journey your not alone:)

Zee
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I don't post the gains either. Especially if I've been within my calorie range but just ate bad things (like high sodium). That always makes the scale go up. If I see a lower weight it makes me stay on track to get back to seeing that on the scale.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I do you have to stay honest with yourself. I've Yo-Yo'd for the past 3 weeks, and when I keep it real with myself, I see my ticker go from 8-10-8-10 and it makes me crazy! So it motivates me to stay on the path!
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I don't post them because my weight always fluctuates a few lbs. from day to day, or week to week. Overall it is slowly going down, but depending on time of month, time of day...etc. it can fluctuate a few lbs. Unless the weight gain stays for a week or more, I'd record it, but it never has so far. So I always just track the lowest weight from my weigh in days.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I always post a loss. But if I gain, I usually give myself a week to get it off.
  • MsPitt
    MsPitt Posts: 78
    Options
    If it is only 1-2 pounds gained, I don't post them. I chalk that up to normal weight fluctuation. Besides, I'd feel silly being praised for losing the same pound over and over again.

I did record my gain after my two week vacation though!