im ready to give up!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    <soapbox-mode ON>
    "ready to give up" is a good place. It means you're ready for some changes. As long as we are doing this with the sense of "I can do this without really digging deep and making big changes" we have this relief valve in the back of our minds that we can go back to the way we were once we reach our goal weight.

It's when the rope is gone and we're stranded that we finally realize we can't keep a way to escape when it gets tough. And then we can make those deep changes.
    <soapbox-mode OFF>

I'm glad you're saying what your saying and sticking around. It is frankly much easier just to quit, go back to the way we were, and say "we tried." You're showing that you're not really going to quit, because you're looking for a way to get to the next level.

So with that said, I encourage you to adjust your exercise and eating patterns to find what works for you. Keep at it - the goal is really to change your lifestyle so it's healthy. Weight loss will come if you reduce and balance your food intake.

Good luck.

AGREE!
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I just want to say Thank you to all of you who have replied to this post, or sent me a friend request or a private message with words of encouragement., now i remember why i joined this site :o)

i will take all your advise into account, and have booked myself another appointment at my doctors. I will speak to my PT tonight to discuss my food portions and hopefully this is the last time i see the scales go up!

Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I just want to say Thank you to all of you who have replied to this post, or sent me a friend request or a private message with words of encouragement., now i remember why i joined this site :o)

i will take all your advise into account, and have booked myself another appointment at my doctors. I will speak to my PT tonight to discuss my food portions and hopefully this is the last time i see the scales go up!

Thank you :flowerforyou:

80% chance they will recommend a high carb diet. That's the common advise from the uneducated educated professional.
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    reduce carbs?